• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few frosty photos, March 7, 2009

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Cakingcows.jpg

Caking cows
Onacoldmorning.jpg

On a cold morning
Frostyfeatures.jpg

Frosty features
Deerasseenthroughfrostedbarbedwire.jpg

Deer as seen through frosted barbed wire
Deerwithoutthefrostedframe.jpg

Deer without the frosted frame
Fotoofafrostyfence-1.jpg

Foto of a frosty fence
Naturesartwork.jpg

Nature's artwork
Frostyfencecorner.jpg

Frosty fence corner
Thereisatreeundertheresomewhere.jpg

There is a tree under there somewhere

Good to see you back in the picture takin buisness,keep em coming.................good luck

Great Shots! 8) Hmmm them trees and the fence sure have some long wiskers..... :wink: Cows sure look like they have wintered well..

Those pictures remind me of a poem I wrote:

It was a frosty ol' mornin', the weather dawned cool.
The cats prowled around a man on a one legged stool.

He got slapped in the face with the milk cows tail,
she shuffled her feet, nearly stepped in the pail.

His head was tucked in the cow's right flank
and he was grumblin' about the ice on the tank.

When the sun come up, he took off one of his coats
Tied on back of a big sorrel horse thats feelin his oats.

A well gaited sorrel, like a rocker I'd say,
But even a rocker gets old by the end of the day!

He was down by the fence that run by the road,
When he spots a big shiney semi pullin a load.

The driver waves big with a lop-sided grin,
and the cowboy's thinkin' "thats what I shoulda been."

He's in a plush warm cab, doin his thing,
listening to the radio as the pretty girls sing.

Don't have to do nuthin,' just sit there and drive,
Hes got it made, that man's got the life!

Well the driver that waved big, with the lop-sided smile
is thinkin' as he turns off the next mile:

That ol' boy on that horse sure has a good life,
Spent last night at home with his family and wife.

Wish I could rest my eyes as my horse went down the trail,
Wish I could milk me a cow, see that foam on the pail!

He lives next to nature, sees so much more than lines down the road,
but me, well, I'm stuck out here under this load.

Been days since I've seen my family and wife,
Seems to me that cowboy sure has a good life!

The cowboy and truck driver never met face to face,
But each one is willin', even wantin' the other guys place.

The thing strike me odd, just don't make much sense,
How different things look when lookin' over a fence.

by Clyde Chess

The world is spinning in the right direction now. Good to see the technical difficulties are behind you, Soap.

Shortgrass said:
The thing strikes me odd, just don't make much sense,
How different things look when lookin' over a fence.

Nice poem, Shortgrass. No matter if you are a person or a critter, this holds true. For a cow, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence; curiousity killed the cat; and in the Ten Commandments we are instructed not to covet. I remember reading of a young boy who was frolicksome and carefree and playing out in a meadow. An airplane flew over, and from then on his dream was to become a pilot. Forty years later, he was a commercial pilot. One day he flew over the same little meadow and looked down on another little boy playing. All of a sudden he wished that he could be that little boy again. Things had come full circle.

Nicky said:
Very nice pictures!!! Frost is so photogenic. How did you fix your uploading problem?

A good friend gave some valuable advice. twister, who grew up in this area and is now from Missouri, put this on another post. It worked. :)

twister said:
In researching your error, it looks like this could be caused by several issues. If you find yourself looking for an inside chore for a few minutes, you might give the following a try.

1. Did you recently install another USB device on your PC? Scanner, printer? If so, sometimes the new devices conflict with other devices.
2. If not, is your camera attached via a docking station or do you use a cord to plug it in? If you use a cord, they can go bad and can cause this issue. If you have a spare, or can steal a cord from another device, try using that and see if it's the cord.
2.5. Do other USB devices, like an MP3 player, or thumb drive work on the USB port in question? If so, then we have a cable or camera issue.
3. Have you tried connecting your camera to another PC? If the other PC recognizes your camera, then we know its your computer.
4. Have you tried plugging the USB device into another USB port? There could be a connection issue with the current USB port. I had read that you could use a cotton swab with a tooth pick or slim tool, put some WD-40 on the swab and clean the contacts of the USB port. They can get dirt and grime on them. I would probably unplug the PC before doing this step.
5. I also read that turning the computer completely off, unplugging the power cord, holding the power button for 10 seconds, then plugging the power cord back in, and booting up might help. This has never really fixed anything for me, but you can give it a shot.

The other things I found talked about chip sets and USB driver reinstalls. If you feel comfortable doing those types of things, then that may be an avenue.

I hope some of this helps. If not, it gave you something to do before having to get back out in the cold. :)

Thanks again, twister. :)

Latest posts