• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few more Alaska pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Hope these don't take too long for all of you to download, as I used a larger size. We flew to Anchorage, rented a car, drove to Talkeetna and flew out of there for the fishing trip. The next day we drove up to Healy. Carol and Brock took kayaking lessons on a lake one day, and rode a white water river the next. I didn't, and just toured Denali Park and read some good Alaska bush pilot books. Then we drove up to Fairbanks and turned in the rented car there. We rode the train from Fairbanks back to Anchorage, and the next day flew home from Anchorage, via Portland. Our own vehicle was waiting back at the Denver airport.

CarolandBrocktakingkayaklessons.jpg

Carol and Brock taking kayaking lessons
Miniaturegolf.jpg

Miniature golf
Coolwheels.jpg

Cool wheels
Ourlittleredrentedcar.jpg

Our little red rented car
AnotherformofAlaskantransportation.jpg

Another form of Alaska transportation
ConductorontheAlaskanRailroad.jpg

Conductor on the Alaskan Railroad
Sceneryoutthetrainwindow.jpg

Scenery our the train window
Lookingoutthediningcarwindow.jpg

Looking out the dining car window
ConductorandBrock.jpg

Conductor and Brock
TrainstopatHealyAlaska.jpg

Train stop at Talkeetna
Longwaysdownlookingoutoverabridge.jpg

Long ways down looking out over a bridge

Here are a couple pictures of Mount McKinley that inadvertently didn't get put on with the rest. It was a beautiful clear day when we rode the train, and the mountains were sharp and clear. Alaska's mountains are big and beautiful, but not always visible because of fog and low clouds.

MoreofMountMcKinley.jpg

MountMcKinley.jpg

Great pix. I was there a year ago to visit my brother. Some of the prettiest views you will see. Did you go and watch the salmon climb the falls? I found that to be the most interesting. Glad to see you went and had a good time.

Just beautiful! The train trip through the Rockies is something we hope to do. No driving worries, just wonderful scenery to watch. Looks like you packed many different activities in short order.

Golly, Macon, it looks like you knew what you were doing when you went to this new format. Gosh, all those neat photos that have been shared with us would not have been possible on the old site. So thank you for looking out for us, though we grumbled at first. (Change is hard, ya know!)

To Soapweed and everyone else that has posted pictures on here, I want to give you my sincere thanks!! It is so neat to see the different subjects and parts of the country!!

Latest posts