• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few more

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
Here's a few more pictures I thought I'd share. These snow pictures are nice now but come April I don't like to see them anymore.

We got down to 6 below F yesterday morning. Got around 4 in. more snow. Another storms coming in tonight. Maybe I'll get to try out my new snow blower.
IMG_2337.jpg

Old faithful.
IMG_2338.jpg

Yesterday morning.
IMG_2326.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

Sunrise this morning.
IMG_2332.jpg

Off to the west.
IMG_2334.jpg

A few minutes later.
IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

A flock of sheep last Saturday.
IMG_2313.jpg

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

Sunrise a few weeks ago.
IMG_2273.jpg

Just lovely, Ned Jr. I'm a little concerned about the weather moving in, I'm hoping to drive from Denver to Kansas City Thursday to catch the American Royal Show and I really don't want to see winter just yet!

Thanks everyone. :D

Spectator said:
Just lovely, Ned Jr. I'm a little concerned about the weather moving in, I'm hoping to drive from Denver to Kansas City Thursday to catch the American Royal Show and I really don't want to see winter just yet!

I was going to drive but Sunday I decided to fly. I got a red eye flight out of Springs for $168. I figured I couldn't drive for that and it basically saves me a couple days.

whiskeyridge said:
montabas been cold and snowy after a very cold last winter, cool summer, blowing al gores scheme to pieces

That's why they've changed the language from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" :roll: .

n1444388060_244603_6907.jpg

A few tips on snowblowers.

Blow the snow while it is fresh
Get ready for a sore neck.
Unless you get a bidirectional tractor
Make sure you don't leave the pickup window down
You might need to enlarge your footpads on the blower so you don't dig into the dirt
The blower teamed with a dozer make a great team

Beautiful pictures, Ned Jr. You sure captured a lot of red and white contrast, with everything from an International tractor in snow, to a Hesston tractor with snow, to Herefords against snow, and a gorgeous red sunset above the snowy mountains. Very well done, indeed. :wink:

Thanks alot everyone. :D Glad you all enjoyed them.

Larrry thanks for all the advice on the snowblower. Sounds like it's kind of a bad idea to have a pickup around the snowblower at all, windows up or down. :D

Thanks for the pictures Ned, you live in pretty country.

That much snow this early gives me the chillblains. :(

We have enough to track the last few bush-crackers that haven't come in on their own. Don't need any more for a bit yet.

Larrry said:
A few tips on snowblowers.

Blow the snow while it is fresh
Get ready for a sore neck.
Unless you get a bidirectional tractor
Make sure you don't leave the pickup window down
You might need to enlarge your footpads on the blower so you don't dig into the dirt
The blower teamed with a dozer make a great team

I had one just like that. When I set the skid shoes I would set 2X4 flat on the shop floor and set the cutting edge on that and set the skid hoes down on the floor so they kept it about an 1 1/2" above the ground. That way I didn't run so much dirt and gravel through it.

Latest posts