• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few new photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Sunriseoverthepine.jpg

Sunrise over the pine
Coldmorning.jpg

Cold morning
Comeandgetit.jpg

Come and get it
Munchersofthemeadow.jpg

Munchers of the meadow
Theyarenotquiteallwearingthesameuni.jpg

They are not quite all wearing the same uniform
Thecakeisbrownerontheotherside.jpg

The cake is browner on the other side
Betyoucantlickyournoselikethis.jpg

Bet you can't lick your nose like this
Beltofice.jpg

Belt of ice
BackcowincognitoasWilson.jpg

Back cow incognito, disguised as Wilson
Weedliketojoinyou.jpg

Weed like to join you

Here are some posters hanging in my son's house
Mydadasayoungman.jpg

My dad as a young man
Spearheadbrandonthesideofthebarn.jpg

Our Spearhead brand on the side of the barn. Peach Blossom and I on the old ranch, about the mid 80's.
Constructionworkershighabovethecity.jpg

Construction workers high above the city

Great photos, Soapweed. That 'cold morning' puts me in mind of Bruce Kiskadoon,
It's likely that you can remember
A corral at the foot of the hill
Some morning long in December
When the air was so cold and so still
That the frost lay as light as a feather
And the stars had just blinked out and gone
Remember the creak of the leather
As you saddled your horse in the dawn?

There's some things money can't buy.

Thanks to both of you. Great pix Soapweed. I especially like the one of your Dad as a young man. What do you bet that on the inside he's still that age? From his writings he hasn't seemed to age much.

Great poem for a cold morning righter. I can remember all right, but as the years go by I'm a lot slower getting away from the wood fire in the early morn...

Wonderful pictures soapweed, I love old pics. and have found that if I can't get my hands on em to make copies of em, my digital does almost just as good a job, sometimes better if I'm lucky.

Liberty Belle said:
Thanks to both of you. Great pix Soapweed. I especially like the one of your Dad as a young man. What do you bet that on the inside he's still that age? From his writings he hasn't seemed to age much.

Great poem for a cold morning righter. I can remember all right, but as the years go by I'm a lot slower getting away from the wood fire in the early morn...
Liberty Belle - I think that the picture of "your Dad as a young man" was not Soapweed's Dad - it was Soapweed HIMSELF - -as a young 'milk sprout'!

DOC HARRIS

Soapweed I pretty much usually just lurk around & read, but I have got to give you credit on the pix and the subtitles. Those things get better every time. :D That Wilson shot/title kept me chuckling for a good 5 minutes every time I thought of it. Thought I should give credit where credit's definitely due & hope you keep it going! :D
Phil

Latest posts