• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the_jersey_lilly_2000

Reaction score
We have a few trees that are showin some really pretty fall color.
2007-12-01-009Leaf-Colors.jpg

Camera shy???
2007-12-01-012Cows.jpg

If I turn just so.........they'll keep the sun outta my eyes :wink:
2007-12-01-038Mocha.jpg

This lil gal has been hangin round our cow herd for about 10 years now. Thankfully no hunters have got her. She babysits the calves.
2007-12-01-030Cow-deer.jpg

Beads of "nose sweat"?......lol is that what ya call that stuff.....
2007-12-01-017-nose-sweat.jpg

Great pictures, Just how close were you to the nose sweat one. Been one of my cows I be flying backwards in the air. LOL

Your trees are pretty. Our trees are pretty bare.

Looks like a nice gentle deer.

The condensation on the cow's nose should provide lubrication for sliding it along on the ground. :wink:

I'd love to go back to our fall colors...that sure is a vibrant colored tree...Pretty! I'm wearing coveralls...and your cows are sweating...something just aint right..lol So do you have a name for that little deer? Just wondered since she's been with yur herd for so long...I like that photo alot.

meat_fire said:
Great pictures, Just how close were you to the nose sweat one. Been one of my cows I be flying backwards in the air. LOL

About 4 or 5 ft from her. She's a bramer.
And the one of the cow eye...I had to back away some cuz she was wonderin if I had anything to feed her.

Jassy said:
I'd love to go back to our fall colors...that sure is a vibrant colored tree...Pretty! I'm wearing coveralls...and your cows are sweating...something just aint right..lol So do you have a name for that little deer? Just wondered since she's been with yur herd for so long...I like that photo alot.

Funny you should mention a "name" we were talkin about that today. That she doesn't have one. I've always thought that if I did name her...then along would come a hunter. We've got some neighbors that come hunt, their land is landlocked, and they come thru our pasture to get to theirs. They asked about her one time, and we said, NO shootin her. She's special. LOL So......when we refer to her....she don't have a name persay......but we say "the cow deer"

She's not tame but she's not gentle either (or maybe I should say "people gentle") usually when I get out my camera to take her picture she'll walk around behind a cow.....or a tree....anything to be out of site. But it's really cute to see her baby sittin the calves....them all layin in a pile somewhere...and her layin with em. She aint much bigger than a baby calf herself.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
She is some sort of exotic cross. She's never had a fawn in all these years, so we assume she's infertile. (Axis x ?) we're not real sure.

It looks to me like a cross between a axis and a pronghorn. But if she is watching over calves, she is a good breed.

Thanks for the picture story Lilly,your cattle look to be in good shape,funny looking deer,maybe some one will ID her,caint say as I have seen one like her.
good luck
PS Yall have plenty hay over there ?

Latest posts