• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few pics from this afternoon

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER said:
I just realized something...........those aint calves,they're dam sheep,thats what i get for lookin slow and postin fast early in the morning,gcreekrch you oughta be ashamed,wintering a sheep,always thought you and big dummie were sheep herders.
good luck

You need glasses for sure. Maybe you better check out the cane selection at the drugstore while you're there. :D

I thought they looked like they might be sired by one of your bulls. :p

gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
I just realized something...........those aint calves,they're dam sheep,thats what i get for lookin slow and postin fast early in the morning,gcreekrch you oughta be ashamed,wintering a sheep,always thought you and big dummie were sheep herders.
good luck

You need glasses for sure. Maybe you better check out the cane selection at the drugstore while you're there. :D

I dunno this is gittin suspicious,more i look at those lil sheep the more that scrawny necked one with big ears looks like big dummie from big beaver,has the ole devil be around there lately ?
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
good luck

I dunno this is gittin suspicious,more i look at those lil sheep the more that scrawny necked one with big ears looks like big dummie from big beaver,has the ole devil be around there lately ?
good luck

The way the sheep tell it, it was "ewe" sneakin' around in the dark last fall.
I thought they were bleating awful strange all winter. HAAAAY MAAAAKEEEERRRR

gcreekrch said:
HAY MAKER said:
gcreekrch said:

good luck

The way the sheep tell it, it was "ewe" sneakin' around in the dark last fall.
I thought they were bleating awful strange all winter. HAAAAY MAAAAKEEEERRRR

Well that mite xplain some of it.....wuz you makin em a hay nest when they were callin you hay mmaaakkkeeer / didnt wanna say nuthin but that other possum lookin one does favor you somewhat :D
good luck

Now I know you need to see the doc, you're having trouble with comprehension too. :p

Had to be you, thought I noticed your ears had the look of frostbite in one of your latest photos. :shock:

gcreekrch said:
Now I know you need to see the doc, you're having trouble with comprehension too. :p

Had to be you, thought I noticed your ears had the look of frostbite in one of your latest photos. :shock:

Nope I aint been no farther North than the Guadalupe river,I been thinkin bout it tho,get me a 3 horse slant with quarters and head north.
got a couple horses to shoe this morning,I better get at it..............later
good luck

Yeah, there's just enough plastic left to tell it WAS red :D. My God, how many cows have hit that thing over the years? Maybe get a cage like Soapweed and put the wheeler INSIDE to save what you have left! Just wait til' that narrow-nosed light red cow you just bought calves... you won't have anything left :shock:. I'm still betting she's a bit tempermental :lol:. If I were you, I'd trade your wheeler off after calving before it loses its value. Thanks for the laugh today!

WyomingRancher said:
Yeah, there's just enough plastic left to tell it WAS red :D. My God, how many cows have hit that thing over the years? Maybe get a cage like Soapweed and put the wheeler INSIDE to save what you have left! Just wait til' that narrow-nosed light red cow you just bought calves... you won't have anything left :shock:. I'm still betting she's a bit tempermental :lol:. If I were you, I'd trade your wheeler off after calving before it loses its value. Thanks for the laugh today!

It's not a case of cows hitting me, I'm afraid it's usually the other way around. :oops: 8) Does give it a well-broke look don't you think?
I find myself riding a saddle horse in the same manner if a cow gives me trouble. My ex-stud will knock them over if I ask him to. :D

The cow you refer to calved a while ago. She is a "good momma" but not as protective as a lot of others here. When we switched from barn calving to letting them do their own thing as much as possible we turned over a lot of cows for four years as the barn pets still needed/wanted to be "helped" :roll: . The sacrifice has been that our cows are not as gentle to handle as they once were. The good part is that other than tagging and doctoring we don't handle more than 10% of our calving herd. Most of these are heifers or bad bag cows that slipped through the cull the year before.

That old wheeler is the definition of "Rode hard and put away wet". :D I got a green Honda rancher that could be it's twin! Great pictures and hope your calving and lambing goes well. Tell your wife to take care of herself and you do the same!

gcreekrch said:
It's not a case of cows hitting me, I'm afraid it's usually the other way around. :oops: 8) Does give it a well-broke look don't you think?
I find myself riding a saddle horse in the same manner if a cow gives me trouble. My ex-stud will knock them over if I ask him to. :D

The cow you refer to calved a while ago. She is a "good momma" but not as protective as a lot of others here. When we switched from barn calving to letting them do their own thing as much as possible we turned over a lot of cows for four years as the barn pets still needed/wanted to be "helped" :roll: . The sacrifice has been that our cows are not as gentle to handle as they once were. The good part is that other than tagging and doctoring we don't handle more than 10% of our calving herd. Most of these are heifers or bad bag cows that slipped through the cull the year before.

Sounds like a good sacrifice to me actually :wink:. I like my cattle quiet, but the less they have to be handled the better :D. I relate to the ex-stud story. One year I used a rodeo stock contractor's pick-up horse to calve off of. If a cow got smart with him, he'd just mow her over :shock:. Took me by surprise and scared me the first time...but did seem to do the trick :D. The horse's name was "Punch" :lol:.

Good pics. Do you have trouble keeping sheep from getting eaten where your at?

Where we buy our Suzuki's (Grossenburg's), they have a welding shop with a pipe bender that they make a frame that goes around the fenders and front end. It's an extra $400+ but protects them pretty well.

when we bought our arctic cats we built front bmpers and push bars out of broken up round bale feeders all 1inch square tubing the top bar had the percect curve to it dads bike has a single bumper .mine has a double bar about 8'' lower fast and easy to make preventing a lot of broken plastic like gcrk's

Cal said:
Good pics. Do you have trouble keeping sheep from getting eaten where your at?

Where we buy our Suzuki's (Grossenburg's), they have a welding shop with a pipe bender that they make a frame that goes around the fenders and front end. It's an extra $400+ but protects them pretty well.

A grizzly killed 2 ewes in 2002 and a wolf killed a lamb 2 summers ago. Neither of the purpetrators are with us any longer. The coyotes are fair game for target practice and so far haven't found out that they are good to eat. When they do the sheep will be gone.
How heavy is that guarding? We have swamps and mud all summer so weight can be a problem.

maybe a total of 10 pounds so far it hasn't been a issue maybe a total of 12 feet of feeder ring material similar design to what is on yamahas and polaris

Latest posts