• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few pictures, as of July 17, 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Atleasttheswampsareputtingup800x600.jpg

Because of the dought, swamps are dry and easy to hay this year.
Playingbumpercars800x600.jpg

Playing bumper cars
Playingbumperkids600x800.jpg

Playing bumper kids
Wegotthebackrowatchuch800x600.jpg

We got the back row at church. :)
Theneighborsbullgotin800x600.jpg

The neighbor's bull got in to our pasture.
Hesarealgoodbull800x600.jpg

He's a real good bull, but I put him out anyway.
Jackrabbit800x600.jpg

Jackrabbit
HereIcometosavetheday800x600.jpg

Here she comes to save the day
Superwoman800x600.jpg

Superwoman
Cowandclouds800x600.jpg

Cows and clouds
Sunset800x600-1.jpg

Sunset

What a perfect collection of pics. I like the straight lines of the bales and the wind aided fence beside them, cute little kids and an example of natures canvas. God has been good to you.

Hay crop in those fields look good Soap. Those swamps can be a real asset on dry years.

Grandkids are growing like bad weeds! Our grandson is talking well now at 29 mo. My handle sounds pretty much like"Crapaw". :lol:

We are getting little showers and thunderstorms the last couple of days and likely into the next 2. Hopefully the machinery will be ready when the weather is.

Too bad freight is so expensive, this little area could handle 1500 to 2000 cows for the balance of summer. A lot of folks got out in the last few years. Lots of hay meadows going uncut.

Nice. You must have gotten to church early. The back row is usually at a premium.

Great pictures Soap. :D Those sunset shots are spectacular. Looks like the fence in #1 is a leanin' a little. :D Atleast it will turn a cow, which is all that counts. :wink:

Great photos as usual Soap. Do you use a filter for sunset photos?

I've tried to take pictures of sunsets and the photo turns out really bright and lacking the details that make a sunset beautiful.

My swamps can never be baled and normally you can't drive the cows out there but this year they are living there and loving it!

Great thing because if I did not hav ethe swamps this year I would be in a bind.

per said:
What a perfect collection of pics. I like the straight lines of the bales and the wind aided fence beside them, cute little kids and an example of natures canvas. God has been good to you.

Thanks, per. Yes, God has been very good to us.

The bales on the left are ours, and the ones on the right belong to a neighbor. The fence usually is under water in the spring when we are fixing fence, so it gets "left for later." :wink: The posts are leaning because of annual freezing and thawing. So far, it is still keeping cattle where they belong. :)

gcreekrch said:
Hay crop in those fields look good Soap. Those swamps can be a real asset on dry years.

Grandkids are growing like bad weeds! Our grandson is talking well now at 29 mo. My handle sounds pretty much like"Crapaw". :lol:

We are getting little showers and thunderstorms the last couple of days and likely into the next 2. Hopefully the machinery will be ready when the weather is.

Too bad freight is so expensive, this little area could handle 1500 to 2000 cows for the balance of summer. A lot of folks got out in the last few years. Lots of hay meadows going uncut.

Gcreek, grandkids are pretty fun. :)

Trucking would sure be a major item, but all that unused grass would be very valuable in the form of hay if it was hauled to this country.

RSL said:
Nice. You must have gotten to church early. The back row is usually at a premium.

That was from last week. Today while we were at church, we received a wonderful four tenths of an inch of rain. It is the first moisture of any kind for a month. I don't think we've even had a dewy morning, so this is mighty welcome. Hope the big fires get some to ease the burden.

leanin' H said:
Great pictures Soap. :D Those sunset shots are spectacular. Looks like the fence in #1 is a leanin' a little. :D Atleast it will turn a cow, which is all that counts. :wink:

Thanks, Leanin' H. So far at least, the cattle still think the fence is formidable. :)

jodywy said:
RSL said:
:D

If I can't sit in the back row, I feel like a man without a home. :? :wink:

Zilly said:
Great photos as usual Soap. Do you use a filter for sunset photos?

I've tried to take pictures of sunsets and the photo turns out really bright and lacking the details that make a sunset beautiful.

Thanks, Zilly. The only "trick" I use when taking sunset pictures, is to look some other direction with the camera, push the shutter halfway down so it "holds" that setting, and then go back to the sunset scene before finishing pushing the button for the final shot. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. :wink:

We are in Lewiston, Mt and headed to Glacier. We took the grandsons on a vacation. Lots of real drouthy country. Believe it or not, you look pretty good there. Alliance was worse than it appears you are. Home was better than any country I've seen after the fist 10 miles.. Yesterday we saw a dry strike start a grass fire SE of Harlowton. This is a pretty serious situation.

Shortgrass, Alliance is pretty dry, but they are nearly 2" ahead of the northern part of the county, which as you noted doesn't look much different by now.
4 Diamond; That "thick" hay should probably be about two feet under water, so the rest of the meadows would make part of a crop...
Soap: Thanks for the beautiful sunset pictures, I sure pray one or two of those clouds will do some irrigatin' , before the rest of the country burns.

Latest posts