• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few pictures from this morning

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rightwinger82

Reaction score
A few pictures from this morning

My trusty rig

Everyone knows cattle are attracted to orange tractors

Bale spinner made of old green combine parts

A satisfied participant

Save a little for latter

Calf on the right is a twin, the other twin did a little better

Nice heifer

As a kid I learned that bumblebees are also attracted to orange Allis tractors, especially when attached to a sickle mower! :shock: :wink: :evil:

Nice pics!

loomixguy said:
As a kid I learned that bumblebees are also attracted to orange Allis tractors, especially when attached to a sickle mower! :shock: :wink: :evil:

Nice pics!

so are hornets :wink: from the look's of it you could use a heat houser :)

From what little I see I like your operation!!!!

Well cared for, good looking cattle are hard not to like!

I made the spinner myself, copying a couple others in the are. There have been a few welding shops and different ranchers in the area that have built and sold these in the area over the years. You start with a final drive from an older combine. This is from a jd 55 or 77 model I can't remember. Neighbor has one he built using an oliver final drive that looks like a twin to this jd one. Cut out a piece of 3/4" plate to fit the bolt pattern Where the wheel once bolted on, weld a 2' piece of 2'' i.d. bushing stock on to fit the main spear a couple of gussets help ensure it won't break and also help to grip the bale when spinning. One could weld only a 2'' spear without putting it in a bushing but some will argue the welding crystalizes the shaft and makes it brittle. Secondary smaller spikes are added to mine to help with the spinning. Build a framework for category 2 or 3 three point and add an orbit motor to run.

rightwinger82 said:
I made the spinner myself, copying a couple others in the are. There have been a few welding shops and different ranchers in the area that have built and sold these in the area over the years. You start with a final drive from an older combine. This is from a jd 55 or 77 model I can't remember. Neighbor has one he built using an oliver final drive that looks like a twin to this jd one. Cut out a piece of 3/4" plate to fit the bolt pattern Where the wheel once bolted on, weld a 2' piece of 2'' i.d. bushing stock on to fit the main spear a couple of gussets help ensure it won't break and also help to grip the bale when spinning. One could weld only a 2'' spear without putting it in a bushing but some will argue the welding crystalizes the shaft and makes it brittle. Secondary smaller spikes are added to mine to help with the spinning. Build a framework for category 2 or 3 three point and add an orbit motor to run.

I have almost always had to make my own stuff - - - or buy from a junkyard and salvage what I need - - - That looks like you did a great job, I hope you had a youngster around to help so you can pass on your skills!

Latest posts