• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few pictures gathering our last bunch to precondition

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Soapweed said:
Yellowstone and the other two horses were unsaddled and hobbled in tall grass, so they could eat dinner while we were eating our dinner.
soapweed - Do you now or have you ever used dogs for help in moving cattle? What are your feelings in that regard? Or is Mrs. "Peach Blossom" and that 'OTHER' good looking guy you have working for you suffficient help to do the job while you are runnin' around in the sunrises and sunsets doing your artsy work?? :shock: :D :lol: :lol: :wink: BTW - you do incredible photographic work. Your choices of scenes are great. Oh - yes - where are the great cattle dogs??

PS - Looking at the second picture (the one with the shadow of you and your horse) it appears as if you are carrying a duck in your right hand. Do you use ducks for helping you herd cattle? Do you call them "Cattle Ducks", and do they respond when you Quack? Would they be called "One man ducks?" If you carry them in a wooden cage in the truck, would that be called a "box of quackers?" Inquiring minds want to know!

DOC HARRIS

DOC, there are at least two things that I've found ranching to be a whole lot easier without--namely EPDs and cow dogs. :wink: No thanks, just don't touch either one, thank you anyway. :shock: :)

Soapweed.....I just know that you're more progressive than the old Alberta boy when challenged on EPD's stated that if he had to vaccinate for anything he was against it and EPD's sounded like a pretty serious disease to him!

cowsense said:
Soapweed.....I just know that you're more progressive than the old Alberta boy when challenged on EPD's stated that if he had to vaccinate for anything he was against it and EPD's sounded like a pretty serious disease to him!

Good one, cowsense. :) :)

DOC, as to your last question, I'm just going to duck it. :wink: Of course, if it looks like a duck, and lays in the shadow of the grass, it might just be the shadow of a duck. :roll:

Soapweed said:
cowsense said:

Good one, cowsense. :) :)

DOC, as to your last question, I'm just going to duck it. :wink: Of course, if it looks like a duck, and lays in the shadow of the grass, it might just be the shadow of a duck. :roll:

Looks like a finger in the middle of the hand to me, think he was quietly trying to get a message across.

Guess I will have to start using my reading glasses more diligently, and scrutinize the pictures very well before posting them. Actually, the shadow wasn't supposed to be either a duck or a bird. :wink: That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :shock: :)

The second picture proves that Soap is a real "shadow rider". :shock:

Looks like between admiring his own shadow, and taking pictures that he better thank his lucky stars that he has the good help to get the job done. lol. I have heard of Buckaroos having so much horse jewelry and flair to their style that they can't keep their eyes off their own shadow, but taking your own picture takes it to a new plateau! :wink:

Keep up the good work Soapweed.

OKAY - Try this one!

When Soapweed is herding his herds,
He needs neither Quackers nor Birds,
His INVISIBLE doggies,
Will drive all them dogies!
To think differently would be absurd!

DOC HARRIS

Faster horses said:
I approve! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't forget to vote in the photo contest, DOC!

And where the heck is Haymaker? I am really starting to worry!!!!!!! What if we never hear from him again? :cry2:
When is the photo contest? And where do we vote? - - or do we just "HORN IN" on the "POLLS"?

DOC HARRIS

Well, Doc, ya go to Photo Contest. It's the last catagory under Everything Else. Click in there and veiw the photos. Deadline for entries is Midnight MDT. I'd say not to vote until tomorrow, cuz you can only vote once. I think next week we won't post the poll until after the entries are in. Gotta 'tweak' this thing as we go along.

Faster horses said:
Well, Doc, ya go to Photo Contest. It's the last catagory under Everything Else. Click in there and veiw the photos. Deadline for entries is Midnight MDT. I'd say not to vote until tomorrow, cuz you can only vote once. I think next week we won't post the poll until after the entries are in. Gotta 'tweak' this thing as we go along.
O-OH!! Okay! I have made two absolutely stupid posts concerning this photo thing, and to cover up my stupidity, I have wiped out the posts!. I shall try to vote on the first of several picture contests if I have the brains to understand the rules. Say a prayer for me!

DOC HARRIS

Latest posts