• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
We've finally been getting a little rain the last week and things are looking up. Took these pictures over the last few days.

IMG_3695.jpg

IMG_3723.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3722.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

CopyofIMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3709.jpg

IMG_3712.jpg

IMG_3744.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

The feed looks pretty and green! :D Cattle are content and in fine flesh. Elk looks tasty too. Glad things are going well over there. Send any extra moisture ya don't need west would ya? :wink: :D

leanin' H said:
The feed looks pretty and green! :D Cattle are content and in fine flesh. Elk looks tasty too. Glad things are going well over there. Send any extra moisture ya don't need west would ya? :wink: :D

Thanks! When we start haying in a couple weeks I'll try and share the rain a little but for now I'm a little stingy with it. :wink:

I do hope everyone starts getting the rain they need!!!

Ned Jr. said:
leanin' H said:

Thanks! When we start haying in a couple weeks I'll try and share the rain a little but for now I'm a little stingy with it. :wink:

I do hope everyone starts getting the rain they need!!!

What is this haying you speak of? :???: Pretty sparce out here.

Good looking cattle and what a view you have every day!
I wish I lived that close to the mountains.

Beautiful country and great looking critters, both the beef and game varieties. Send some of that rain our way when you're done with it!

Thanks Ned Jr., cattle and country look great as usual.

You've said before I'm sure but what is youe elevation there? Toured our meadows today, start cutting in a week or so. Photos tonight.

Thanks everyone!!!

gcreekrch said:

You've said before I'm sure but what is youe elevation there? Toured our meadows today, start cutting in a week or so. Photos tonight.

We're around 8,200 feet.

Ned Jr. said:
Thanks everyone!!!

gcreekrch said:

We're around 8,200 feet.

We're at 4000 to 4700 at this latitude. Can you grow spuds there? All they do is freeze off here.

I really like the green grass, but that ol' dry feed sure puts the weight on. Hope you wind up with some hay. I guess Rob over at Hillside had a good rain last weekend, too. I think Chuck Kidder used to raise spuds in the south end of the valley.

Hereford76 said:
so is that when you normally start hay season or was it just dry early?

the heifer with patch on her face - is that the spotting gene?

pretty pictures

We have quite a few with that "spotted gene" I kinda like it. :)

We normally try to start haying the second or third week in July but then it usually rains for a couple week before we really get to rolling.

Shortgrass said:
I really like the green grass, but that ol' dry feed sure puts the weight on. Hope you wind up with some hay. I guess Rob over at Hillside had a good rain last weekend, too. I think Chuck Kidder used to raise spuds in the south end of the valley.

That's right grandpa did raise some but they didn't get very big. On the other side of the mountains from us in the San Luis Valley they grow a lot of potatoes but they're a bit lower than we are.

Did Rob tell you what hay is selling for this year?

Actually, I did not see Rob, butI talked with Jerry at a reunion in Canon. He did not say what hay is bringing, but I'm hearing pretty high prices if you can find it.

Latest posts