• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A joyous day for Tyson foods

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser said:
Oh I'll be here Jason.

But a lot of my neihbors who should have had a chance will not.

And you can be happy about that because you never lifted a finger to help them. In fact your ass kissing attitude is the same one our producer groups chose and that did nothing to help the producers they promised to serve.

Read my posts a little closer Jason. It is you and Agman and SH who have me labeled a blamer. I am simply stating the other side of the story. I agree that nothing was illegal. But you guys only want to harp on how it was doen the only possible way it could have been done.

Well it's done now. And where are we at. Two packer superpowers with more leverage than before this debacle started. And a whole bunch of Ranchers with less equity and a whole lot less hope.

Congradulations on surviving yourself Jason, nw you can lead us on the path of salvation. Are you running for ABP? I'll sign your nomination papers, and support your run for Chairman.

I have survived so far because of information and insight I get from people like Agman. And because of my own experience.

Those neighbors you speak of never lifted a finger to help me out either.

I still don't see how you think Tyson and Cargill have more leverage. They will kill more cattle so will make more total dollars when they make money but will lose more when they lose. They will continue to compete with each other and for now have to compete against American prices. Feeders will sell the the highest bidder and will rebuy cattle based on futures and costs.

Producers will have more trouble tightening their belts with higher fuel costs etc. Some will fall some will expand. Some make money from buying and selling real estate. They may or may not be able to continue to do that. The days are gone when guys have a free ride. They just run some cows to make an easy buck. The last of those guys will disappear when their estates get broken into smaller parcels, not big enough to support a family and under development pressures.

In any business if there are huge profits to be made some one will step in to take their share of those profits. If Cargill and Tyson somehow are able to lock up more than 40% of the Canadian kill each, and start to make these high profits, plants will open. That's the exact reason they came to Canada in the first place. Canada Packers had 50-60% control and were not reinvesting in their plants.

No I won't be running for any office. I will be keeping myself busy with my little operation and spending time with my family.

Randy: "I am simply stating the other side of the story."

No Randy, you are presenting your "OPINION" of the other side of the story. You haven't brought anything to support your opinion. If our courts operated on "OPINIONS" vs. THE BEST INTERPRETATION OF THE FACTS THAT WERE PRESENTED they would never reach a verdict.

An opinion is only as good as the facts to support it. You supported nothing yet you don't like the idea that we brought facts to the contrary.

All you can safely say is that Tyson and Cargill took advantage of a situation of Canada having more cattle than slaughter capacity just as you would have done if you were in their shoes and losing money in your U.S. plants that used to rely on those same cattle.

Like most R-CULTers, the picture is bigger than your abililty to understand it.

Agman presented Tyson's beef plant profits and you offered nothing to the contrary then you started rattling off thumb sucking statements instead.

Randy: "I agree that nothing was illegal. But you guys only want to harp on how it was doen the only possible way it could have been done."

OK RANDY, YOU ARE CEO OF TYSON, HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THE SITUATION.

Randy to his order buyers: "Boys, I realize we are losing money in our U.S. plants and we have a perfect leverage situation here in Canada with more cattle than slaughter capacity but we need to worry about the producer before ourselves. I want you guys to pay not a dime less for fat cattle than we need to keep our Canadian plants running smoothly."

Is that what you would tell your order buyers???

Come on randy, WHAT OTHER POSSIBLE WAY COULD IT HAVE BEEN DONE.

My bet says you dance around that question like Bill Bullard. Talking to you is a complete waste of time because you cannot reason.

~SH~

You sure must like wasting you time then SH, cause you keep coming back.

Dancing around and now telling stories for crying out loud.

BUT STILL NEVER EVEN COMING CLOSE TO ANSWERING THE QUESTION THAT WOULD PUT THIS ALL TO BED.

Another way hey?

SH
How could it have ben done different.

The Canadian government could have announced that Canada was now going to allow BSE testing for export marketing purposes. Canada would have now had an advantage over the US in export potential, and investors would have seen that advantage and started building packing infrastructure immediately.

I can see the cut and paster master work on the one right now. He is probably workin on it before I get it posted.

Let me think about your question and I'll give you some more options that you can tear to peices.

Meanwhile, keep running from my original question to you and the Agmeister.

You must be incredibly dense. I have answered your question repeatedly.

FOR THE FOURTH OR FIFTH TIME, I do not have access to Cargill's beef plant financial records. Agman has presented Tyson's financial records with no seperation between Canadian and U.S. plants.

HOW MANY MORE TIMES DO I NEED TO REPEAT IT????????????

Another thing, THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS ON YOU TO PROVE YOUR ALLEGATION AGAINST TYSON AND CARGILL. NOT FOR US TO DISPROVE BY PROVIDING YOU WITH DATA.

I bet you don't even understand what that means do you?

As far as testing, nobody has offered any proof that the Japanese government would have even allowed tested beef.

MORE THEORY ON YOUR PART!

Why do you even respond when you are so void in defending your beliefs.

You bring absolutely nothing to the table and divert every question that is asked of you.

Worse yet, you can't even comprehend what you read.

~SH~

I know Sh I know. You will call anyone dense to try to twist your way out of a question you know will prove you wrong.

Like the Rcalf gang, my skin is thick. Keep it up all week if you like, I am in a safe and calm place. :p

Especially when I know that your tactics are simply to avoid the question I posted on the other thread.

Don't waste your time on this dense fellow SH. Until you take on the challenge, everything you say will be considered diversion.

Like I said to Agman. Take Cargill out of the picture cause you can't get into their books. Focus on Tyson.

Did Tyson's profits in Canada caused by the closed border exceed Tyson's losses in America due to the closed border?

I know it's a complex question SH, but I never thought you would avoid it this long with your name calling, story telling BS. Facts will answer this question and you are the FACT man.

Randy: "You will call anyone dense to try to twist your way out of a question you know will prove you wrong."

No, I will call you dense for continuing to ask the same question when it has been answered repeatedly.

I will call you dense for your inability to back your position as opposed to always having someone else prove you wrong.

Randy: "Did Tyson's profits in Canada caused by the closed border exceed Tyson's losses in America due to the closed border?"

ONCE AGAIN..........

The data that Agman presented did not break Tyson's financial information down between Canada and the U.S.

The data Agman presented shows a total profit vs. loss for Tyson's beef division. Two quarters lost money and one quarter made money. This information would include all their plants in both Canada and the U.S.

The answer to your question is that Tyson's profits barely covered their losses.

The data proves you wrong!

Now what did you provide to back your assertion???

NOT A DAMN THING, AS ALWAYS!

Let me ask you a couple simple questions for you to dance around.

How many plants does Tyson have in Canada and how many plants do they have in the U.S.?

How many fed cattle does Tyson kill in Canada and how many fed cattle does Tyson kill in the U.S.?

How could you even make your assertion about Tyson without knowing the answer to those questions.

It becomes obvious that you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

~SH~

Latest posts