• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A lack of understanding!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
A neighbor wanted to borrow my skid steer as his horses were past their knees in manure. I told him it was OK but I expected the tracks to be clean when he put it back in the barn.

I went down to put out a bale of hay and this is what I found. These tracks are not about to move and if they did the damage would be extreme!

I was not happy!!!! But when I called him he was proud that he had washed off the tracks - - - He did not understand the undercarriage was what I meant!

So I went and got big sister and got the skid steer out of the barn and put it in the shop and set the thermostat at +60F so after church tomorrow I will get the pressure washer out and hopefully no damage.

It is all a matter of make sure the person you are talking to is thinking the same as you.

24 hours in the shop at +60F and it drove right out to the pressure washer. It sure helps to have big equipment at times! That 277 weighs just over 10,000 # with out a bucket or frozen mud!

The best part of this is I feel like I could loan it to him again and I would not have a problem - - - I just did not make myself clear as I assumed he knew what I was talking about.

I put a laundry tub with a frost free hydrant at the firing line on the shooting range. The first "Ladies' Day" class offered after I put the tub in I explained that OSHA requires a wash facility on the line and encouraged the ladies to wash after their course of fire. As the next group was getting in place I heard a click, click, click noise and noticed some young ladies pumping the handle. I went down and quietly explained how it works. Next group , same issue - - - I had to teach the women how to use a frost free hydrant. I then printed signs and posted them at the hydrant. I just never thought about people living in the city not knowing about frost free hydrants!

About a week later one of the men coming to the range ( his job is city controller at a small town locally ) wanted to know how I knew there would be water at that location - - - I had to explain to him I ran a line from the classroom building.

Some times I feel amassed that we have survived as long as we have!

George, I like your treatment of and attitude toward the guy who borrowed the loader. Good Marine and rancher attitude! You have lucky neighbors.

mrj

Latest posts