• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

a little bit of everything, except cows

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Justin

Reaction score
the tortoise and the hare??
Ranch_2009_026_crop.JPG

baling some more rained on hay
Ranch_2009_031.JPG

cutting
Ranch_2009_051.JPG

still cutting
Ranch_2009_049.JPG

not ideal haying conditions
Ranch_2009_062.JPG

just under 3 inches by dark
Ranch_2009_068.JPG

disking under sweetclover, winter wheat will be seeded here this fall
Ranch_2009_028.JPG

my daughter at the youth rodeo watching the older kids after finishing her events
Summer_2009_006.JPG

ok, i lied, i gotta throw one cow picture in. this gal looked like she wanted her picture taken. she is a 2-year old mama sired by Bar EXT-205
Ranch_2009_035.JPG

Looks like good equipment and big, nice windrows.

Dealing with the fog has certainly been different, hasn't it?
When we were in Spearfish, it came right into town. You
couldn't see anything. Guess they set the fireworks off at
Mt. Rushmore, and you couldn't see the fireworks for the fog.
The waited til Saturday night to set them off at the
Belle Fource rodeo, because Friday it was so foggy there.

Interesting weather. Lightening south of us right now.

Wow your country really looks good, nice dryland hay!! Wish ours looked half that good. We've been really dry the last 2 months. Our dryland hay is only yielding about 2/3 ton/acre. There is going to be some really expensive hay in this area I'm thinking. Some areas around here got a pretty good rain this evening but we still only got about .20". They are forecasting a chance of thunderstorms the next couple of days so maybe we'll get more. :D :D

That is a beautiful crop. Doesn't anyone down there wrap silage bales? I would be about four hours behind the discbine with the baler in iffy weather.

Those BAR EXT cows are hard to beat in my experience. He's a guaranteed calving ease bull and his daughters, well, like I said... Yours appears to be one of those kind.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Things are looking good at your place. Hope you get some hay put up right!

HP

Bite yer tongue NR :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the pics Justin. Looks like you got the right amount of moisture this year, things sure look good.

Silver said:
Bite yer tongue NR :shock: :lol:

Thanks for the pics Justin. Looks like you got the right amount of moisture this year, things sure look good.

Knew that was coming! I've been around a bunch of those cows in only one particular herd. They do not have the flair for the wild side that EXT has gained reputation for. The "BAR" bull is pretty darned good.

HP

Justin it looks like your living right! :D Rain and lots of pretty winrows. Your daughter is sure a cutie and that's a nice cow! I even spotted horns on the fence! Maybe there is hope for ya! :wink:

Latest posts