• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Little Bragging

Help Support Ranchers.net:

When bison was first bought into the country to run on ranches, the owner got some for the UM Ranch. No one knew anything about handling bison. First thing they did was let the bull out without any cows, and he went through all the corrals and got away. A good friend of ours went after him, roped him around the neck and killed him on the spot. They have very tender esophagus, I guess, and you are never supposed to rope them around the neck.

Our friend wasn't very popular for awhile. Those bison were expensive, and he killed the herd bull.

Good thing Saturday was three days ago and not tomorrow. A little smart bump getting a tire off a tractor today.Went to the clinic, everything works.
D2256BC8-0F59-45CD-B00E-0F5DD43E6C6B.jpeg
A76E3EC3-E655-4068-AF53-B0804A4EC6F9.jpeg
84E0B628-F456-44F9-8DAC-3517FA99230F.jpeg

Hand got pretty big for a couple days, friend of ours gave me some Indian medicine… boluses and topical cream…..to take. Was running the excavator today so guess I am back on the able list. Stampede cold, maybe second round of the dreaded world plague hit us all a couple days after our rodeo was over…. Just like every year! Some locals testing pos for plague but damn if we will add to statistics.

Send sun and heat please, a couple months worth would be fine with a Sunday afternoon shower on the oat patch please

Maybe the hand was from over use in the roping????? Next year ease into it a little. Don't go trying to win the world title right out of the gate. 😂
Ropers!!!!! 🙄
Hope it warms up some for ya. I can ship ya about 35 degrees F we don't need. That would make it 70 here and man I'd dance a jig for weather like that 🕺

Maybe the hand was from over use in the roping????? Next year ease into it a little. Don't go trying to win the world title right out of the gate. 😂
Ropers!!!!! 🙄
Hope it warms up some for ya. I can ship ya about 35 degrees F we don't need. That would make it 70 here and man I'd dance a jig for weather like that 🕺
I haven't heard your old, wannanevermaybeonetimelikelynever bull rider self harping on any late season winnings my friend….. or that closet logger that has a soft spot for spotted owls going back for a bareback title somewhere……. You boys are just jealous like the rest…..😛Meanwhile, me and my natural ability and unwaning talent keep collecting 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 from real team ropers that unsuspectingly come to the local arena to drop their rope. I can't help that I have talent AND good looks!

I would take any heat you can send north pal, and send rain where needed if things could be done that way.

I haven't heard your old, wannanevermaybeonetimelikelynever bull rider self harping on any late season winnings my friend….. or that closet logger that has a soft spot for spotted owls going back for a bareback title somewhere……. You boys are just jealous like the rest…..😛Meanwhile, me and my natural ability and unwaning talent keep collecting 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 from real team ropers that unsuspectingly come to the local arena to drop their rope. I can't help that I have talent AND good looks!

I would take any heat you can send north pal, and send rain where needed if things could be done that way.
take it easy on the Plumber!

I saw on facebook where a generic question was asked. "What song would you like to be song at your funeral?"

An old bull rider friend of mine answered. Mac Davis, Lord it is Hard to be Humble.

Humility is one of my best traits!!!! 😂

Gcreek won more cash in one roping than I did the whole time a fell off bulls. But I will put my foot down on him being better looking than me. It's a tie for sure and both of us have been mistaken for a Sasquatch once or twice.

A couple of us were talking about how kids win better belt buckles in the mutton bustin than I ever won riding bucking horses. Back then you could win 30 rodeos before getting a buckle and then it wasn't much of a buckle. I have a saddle that I won team roping. I only rode it one time. The seat is too small for me. So mine "trophy" saddle sits in the garage covered by a sheet. So I was thinking. I could take the date, location, etc from the saddle and have a buckle made which I could wear. I would get a real fancy one made. Friend who is the president of a local rodeo said $150 and it is yours. My wife made a remark about losing weight so people could see the buckle..... wifes are really helpful that way. Sounds like a good idea but it....... However I did win that no good saddle.

Latest posts