• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A&M the next to leave the Texas 12?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Not surprising. A & M has met with the SEC a couple of times in the past.

Whatever happens with the Big 12, Texas will be the big cahuna. Too bad some didn't stand and fight toe to toe with them.

Sometimes I guess it's better to know when you're whipped?

The Big 12 is already history, it'll just take a very few years for it to happen. Texas spells "team" with an "I". They brought the old South West Conference to it's knees, and they've done the same to the Big 12. I can testify to the fact that there is a whole new attitude in Lincoln, due to now being part of the B1G 10, and not just athletically, either. Things are really hopping on the academic side as well. Daughter #1 leaves for UNL in less than a month now.

Mike said:
Not surprising. A & M has met with the SEC a couple of times in the past.

Whatever happens with the Big 12, Texas will be the big cahuna. Too bad some didn't stand and fight toe to toe with them.

Sometimes I guess it's better to know when you're whipped?

When it's 11 against 1, you cut your losses and look for a more agreeable group to run with. Now that A@M and OU are fidgeting, it looks like they're regretting not siding with Nebraska and they're figuring out that Tom was right all along.

Supposedly they are seriously looking into it as well as OU. SEC has said they would like both of them. Adding teams also allows SEC to renegotiate TV contracts which is estimated could come to as much as 2 Billion (B) for the conference.

I think A&M and OU both would be good for the SEC. The current ESPN contract with the SEC, signed in 2008, was over $2 BILLION.

It would go even higher.

We were talking around here and somebody mentioned that it would be cool of OU joned the Big 10 - then we could fire up our old annual rivalry again. That's what I'm hoping for. Geographically, it's not a great fit, but....

loomixguy said:
Things are really hopping on the academic side as well. Daughter #1 leaves for UNL in less than a month now.

Yeah, how is that AAU membership working out? I can't believe people still keep peddling that academic farce. Big 10 provided Neb. the chance to make more money, academics were just another excuse. I'm not saying it's a bad move, but don't keep trying to sell it this way.

To be honest, all 4 year college's have reached the tipping point that cost of attendance probably on average out weighs the gains.

Hope your daughter does well and enjoys college. The real world isn't nearly as much fun 8)

how dare you question the allmighty and glorious university of Nubrhaskuh. the Big 10 has been graced by the addition of the nations greatest team and all the self proclaimed greatest fans that go with the fuskers.... the huskers are leaving the big 12 because all the teams they USED to beat up on, voted to let texas be the top dog, and piss on NU...this is the REAL reason NU is leaving...not for money, not for acedemics, but because they got tired of being second fiddle.

277 Academic All-Americans at Nebraska. The most in the nation. 216 at Notre Lame and Penn State is 3rd at 167. Yup. Academics are dead at UNL. We move the daughter up there in 2 weeks. Think I'll take a little tour of the old State Fair Park and see what is going on with the proposed R&D Center

Jiggsy, I hope you and your Mildcats get a buy on some industrial sized jars of Vaseline. You're gonna need it, I think.

I really think the "big money" is going to re align everything to 16 team super conferences. the NCAA, for being a no money organization, is sure fueled by some big money.....a corrupt bowl system, and greed is going to kill the football we know and love. however, I will hate NU no matter what happens. :)

jigs said:
I really think the "big money" is going to re align everything to 16 team super conferences. the NCAA, for being a no money organization, is sure fueled by some big money.....a corrupt bowl system, and greed is going to kill the football we know and love. however, I will hate NU no matter what happens. :)

I don't think so...at least not for a while yet. Your role model Texass is still enjoying being Notre Lame Light, and they might go independent before having to possibly be in a conference where they cannot control things 100%, and, God forbid, share any revenue! (Hint to Jigs: this is when you apply Vaseline to areas that may be violently assaulted and damaged beyond repair. :wink: )

I don't hate K-State, but since they can't be Nebraska's beeyotch now, they may as well be KU's! Go Jayhawks!

speaking of ass rape and KU in the same post....I am questioning your sexuality, my friend.....you spending too much time around the Cather Society ????

Texas and nebraska are more alike than you want to admit. both have HUGE egos....both are big programs....both wanted to run the big 12....HOWEVER, the 7 other teams who were sick of NU and the arrogant BS they spewed during the Big 8 days said, "hey, lets vote with Texas and teach these a-holes a lesson" well, the big bully of the north got knocked down a peg or two, and they did not like it at all....so they left for the big 10......and guess what??? you will not be top shelf material there either....

I am curious....when nu loses to Wisconsin, will you be confused with the fight song?? after all, NU stole it from Wisky......

PLUS Bilema is a Snyder prodigee.......he will enjoy a little husker thumping....I hope he runs it up!

ya that thing texas and nebraska have in common is them big shiny trophies that u get when you win national championships, that would be you wouldnt be familiar with there jigs

jigs said:
speaking of ass rape and KU in the same post....I am questioning your sexuality, my friend.....you spending too much time around the Cather Society ????

Texas and nebraska are more alike than you want to admit. both have HUGE egos....both are big programs....both wanted to run the big 12....HOWEVER, the 7 other teams who were sick of NU and the arrogant BS they spewed during the Big 8 days said, "hey, lets vote with Texas and teach these a-holes a lesson" well, the big bully of the north got knocked down a peg or two, and they did not like it at all....so they left for the big 10......and guess what??? you will not be top shelf material there either...!

And Oklahoma is not a big program with a huge ego? OU never thumped K States' ass like 20 or 30 times straight? Draw the similarities between NU and OU. Both top notch programs with multiple National Titles, and a lot of respect between the two schools. Jiggsy, you are so blind with Husker Hatred that you can't see the forest for the trees. Too bad the only enduring legacy K State has is being a perpetual los.....well, you know what I mean. :wink:

I imagine if I lived on the Kansas / Okie border my OU hatred would show more... but I am forced to hear day in and day out about how awesome the huskers are.... I used to like to watch NU on tv.....I loved the Sclessinger and rathman days...I like to see big full backs, but no way in hell can I stand to be around a husker fan when watching the game. they ruin the game.

no self respecting Wildcat would leave beautiful Manhattan, and go to lincoln,....

Latest posts