• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Memorial Service

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DustDevil

Reaction score
I just got home a little while ago from a memorial service for a good man. I didn't know until today what the "R", his middle initial stood for, which was "Ruel". It was one of Abraham's other names, I believe and it means, "Friend of God". Well this man lived up to his name's sake. He and my Dad were good friends, fellow deacons, former co-workers and the stories people could tell about either one of them would've taken at least all day and then some. I'd like to have begun a standing ovation at the conclusion of the service but I didn't.
His oldest son and I are a year apart in age and lifelong friends. We hadn't seen each other in over 25 years but we picked up right where we left off. I did my 4 year enlistment in the Navy and got out as a 3rd Class Petty Officer, he is retiring this summer with 29 years (active and reserve) as a Captain (Colonel if your Army, etc.)
A windy post, I know, but I just have to say with out saying a whole lot more that God is good and this man's memorial, thanks to God's Son, Jesus, was one we could all aspire to.

Latest posts