• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A new generation

Help Support Ranchers.net:

koj

Reaction score
Wow. Did anyone see Jeff Willert ride his last two broncs? They both looked like they were going to dashboard him, but he held on. This guy has got that "Etbauer" spark.

He sure done good and it wasn't because he didn't have no compition! There were lots of good ride. I'm sure glad he won the world.

We saw him about 2 weeks before the finals and wished him luck in Vegas,and he said he was going to need it, but he's got lots of talent.

Scot Montague had a pretty good finals too! Made a lot of good rides and won quite a little money.

Some of them fellers sure took a beating!

What did you think about the feller who won the bull riding? I thought they said he set a new world record for money earned in one year. $300,000 + or something like that!

And Billy Etbauer was said to have passed the $1,000,000 mark of Finals winnings!

I heard the same thing bout Billy...passed the million mark, what a ride for him!!

Haven't heard how Jake Barnes faired...anyone else know if they were successful with the reattachment?

mtn_90 said:
I heard the same thing bout Billy...passed the million mark, what a ride for him!!

Haven't heard how Jake Barnes faired...anyone else know if they were successful with the reattachment?

I think oldtimer posted that he is only going to be able to count to nine now! :shock:

Jinglebob said:
mtn_90 said:

I think oldtimer posted that he is only going to be able to count to nine now! :shock:

Yeah- thats what the word I'm hearing is-- that they did not reattach it--- that he just went home to heal up and won't have to worry about the thumb getting in his way next year :wink: ....

Most the guys I know that have lost them, haven't tried to get them reattatched just because of the time it takes to get them to heal and the physical therapy involved...

Several years ago while cutting studs I forgot grandpas advice and got in a hurry and ran a knife thru my hand severing all the tendons to my trigger finger of my left hand- couldn't bend it after that--Had to have a later surgery and have the orthopedic surgeon reconnect the tendons...At that time he told me that if he couldn't get them put back together, that I would be better off just removing the finger, because it would always be in the way and I'd probably catch it in something and cut it off anyway....Luckily the surgery took and I regained use of it...Surprisingly even the nerves which had been severed grew back together and I have some feeling in it.....

Well, guess he can always use his toes if he has a reason to count passed nine... :wink:

It's a shame, I didn't see that round, but hadn't heard anything other than they had hauled him off to see if they could reattach it.

Glad to hear your story was a success Oldtimer!!

Thanks for the update.

When I was growing up we had a neighbor who emigrated from Germany shortly after the turn of the century.He had lost a thumb and was treated in his homeland.They took his index finger and moved it toward the missing thumb and turned it slightly so it opposed the middle finger.It worked quite well although it looked a little strange.
I had a good laugh when nearly 80 years later a group of surgeons in the U S were praised for inventing a new procedure by doing the same thing. :???:

Juan said:
When I was growing up we had a neighbor who emigrated from Germany shortly after the turn of the century.He had lost a thumb and was treated in his homeland.They took his index finger and moved it toward the missing thumb and turned it slightly so it opposed the middle finger.It worked quite well although it looked a little strange.
I had a good laugh when nearly 80 years later a group of surgeons in the U S were praised for inventing a new procedure by doing the same thing. :???:

I saw a program on TV where they took a doctor who had lost his thumb and a forefinger and they used the big toe off from his foot. When it all healed up it looked surprizingly like a thumb. They said he went back to doing surgery and got along fine.

TXTibbs said:
I can only count to 9 and i have all of my thumbs!! :lol

kidding of course Jinglebob!!!!! :wink:

Well thats purty gud for an ol' boy who was edjikated in SD! I gradjeated frum the 6th grade and I wasn't but 21 yeers old! :wink:

Latest posts