• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Pennsylvania Dutch Amish kind of Thanksgiving

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
On our way to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving we passed the largest assembly of buggies we've ever seen, only half are shown. Had hoped to get better pictures of their horses which are usually fine specimens.
IMG_3393.jpg

IMG_3395.jpg

IMG_3394.jpg

Funny thing about the Amish some are good other's are not.Most of them here have horses that are just rack's of bones very poor shape.My Dad thought it would be good to have them break a horse to drive he paid them up front.All they did with the horse was whip the hell out of it she came back thin and very spooky.Ended up having a Friend of his break her she turned out pretty good.But the Amish sure did'nt give him a Refund sure glad they don't live near me the are nothing but a drain on the economy.

Denny said:
Funny thing about the Amish some are good other's are not.Most of them here have horses that are just rack's of bones very poor shape.My Dad thought it would be good to have them break a horse to drive he paid them up front.All they did with the horse was whip the hell out of it she came back thin and very spooky.Ended up having a Friend of his break her she turned out pretty good.But the Amish sure did'nt give him a Refund sure glad they don't live near me the are nothing but a drain on the economy.

That was a sad story. Around here their horses AND MULES look sleek and handsome. High steppers. I even like it when our car gets to poke along behind them on narrow roads just to watch and listen. clop clop clop.

Darn it Denny, TURN 'EM IN.

Animals are VICTIMS of their owners and I have no time or patience with a deal like you described. Tell me when and where and I'll do it from here. And it wouldn't be the first time.

This kind of stuff gets my dander up!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts