• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A postcard or two from the north.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Eastwind reminded me I haven't been here much lately. How do we get so busy. Anyway a few photo's from a cow checking trip today for your pleasure. It has been a fantastic production year balancing off a few less stellar months of remediation for some friends and relatives that live rather too close to a river.

Raising cows is a little bit funner when it rains and they are worth something.

It was such a nice day with green grass at the end of August and the mountains hazing away on the horizon.

It had just finished with a shower and the cows were emerging from the bush.

Just a little reminder of what it could look like in a couple of months or less.

Cows look fat and the country looks green. :D

We all must have been busy as it's been slow on ranchers.

I am close to the end of haying except for the hauling. :(

Shipping the yearlings the first week of September. :D

Big Muddy rancher said:

Hard to believe how green it is for this time of year, haying is pretty late here but moving along fine and the cereals or coming on fast. Everything will happen at once. We sold a pot load of calves last week, they did pretty well, we should keep the wolf off of the door for a while longer. :wink: Have you sold your yearlings or retaining ownership?

per said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Hard to believe how green it is for this time of year, haying is pretty late here but moving along fine and the cereals or coming on fast. Everything will happen at once. We sold a pot load of calves last week, they did pretty well, we should keep the wolf off of the door for a while longer. :wink: Have you sold your yearlings or retaining ownership?

Selling them by auction in Mankota September 6.

Latest posts