• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Puzzle for Smart People

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Have any of you really thought about the logistics of the journey these children crossing the Texas border have supposedly made? I know it seemed like a heck of a long trip to me, however, until you look at the reality of the situation by looking at the miles guide on a map, the task is actually more daunting than can be imagined. Well over 1200 miles during the absolute hottest time of the year through some amazingly inhospitable territory. I think the media and the president are pulling our leg. Just a thought. My guess is big buses or lots and lots of cars.

Imagine you are a 3 year old to 8 year old child. You are on your own without adults. You are asked to walk from Houston, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota on your own with no food or belongings to sustain you. Then you are asked to walk an additional 100 miles past Minneapolis.

Could you do it? How long would it take you as a 6 year old? That is the minimum distance these poor, helpless little ones have supposedly walked from Central America to the border of Texas, again, on their own. They didn't get lost. And they survived the journey without help (unless you buy in to the notion that a destitute out-of-work family run out of their homes by gangs and living in squalor somehow came up with $8,000 to $10,000 for EACH child to pay a coyote to take them to the border). How many days would it take for a 6 year old to walk 1220 miles without help, directions, food, sun protection, etc.?

I don't think the truth is being given to us, folks.

Someone created and assisted this migration; the media should be figuring out who it is. Someone in the Administration?

TexasBred said:
Have any of you really thought about the logistics of the journey these children crossing the Texas border have supposedly made? I know it seemed like a heck of a long trip to me, however, until you look at the reality of the situation by looking at the miles guide on a map, the task is actually more daunting than can be imagined. Well over 1200 miles during the absolute hottest time of the year through some amazingly inhospitable territory. I think the media and the president are pulling our leg. Just a thought. My guess is big buses or lots and lots of cars.

Imagine you are a 3 year old to 8 year old child. You are on your own without adults. You are asked to walk from Houston, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota on your own with no food or belongings to sustain you. Then you are asked to walk an additional 100 miles past Minneapolis.

Could you do it? How long would it take you as a 6 year old? That is the minimum distance these poor, helpless little ones have supposedly walked from Central America to the border of Texas, again, on their own. They didn't get lost. And they survived the journey without help (unless you buy in to the notion that a destitute out-of-work family run out of their homes by gangs and living in squalor somehow came up with $8,000 to $10,000 for EACH child to pay a coyote to take them to the border). How many days would it take for a 6 year old to walk 1220 miles without help, directions, food, sun protection, etc.?

Someone created and assisted this migration; the media should be figuring out who it is. Someone in the Administration?

I watched a show some months ago- before it really became such an issue... It showed them travelling mostly by rail....
They showed train after train of boxcars covered with kids on top and hanging on the sides and all over them.... And some were killed or injured along the route... At that time the Central American and Mexican police were trying to interdict some at the borders (or to rob them)...

The news show said some were being aided by smugglers- but others had saved enough money to get smuggler help once they got to the US border... It said some of those were being robbed or swindled by supposed smugglers (or police) ...

I never looked- but got the impression from the show that there was a railroad system running clear thru Central America into Mexico and connecting to the Mexican lines...

How would you describe a politician that encouraged these kids to make the journey of death for his own devious political agenda? When you admit the answer is American President, water boarding a couple terrorists seems damn trivial.

article-2317485-198EE477000005DC-53_636x389.jpg

why is it that social services has a fit if a kid goes to the park to play... yet turns these kids over to their family ...

to see more just search Mexican death train..

I never looked- but got the impression from the show that there was a railroad system running clear thru Central America into Mexico and connecting to the Mexican lines...

There are no railroads to speak of in Central America from Columbia to Mexico. Not much of a rail system reaching from Southern Mexico to the U.S. Border.

There would be a lot of walking getting to the U.S. from Central America by rail.

Mexico used to have a good train service linking all major cities, using restaurant cars, sleeping-cars and observation cars, many inherited from the USA. Sadly, the Mexican government pulled the plug on almost all long-distance passenger train service some years ago, and buses and planes are now the only way to get around Mexico. A couple of very minor service exist in certain areas, including the famous scenic 'Copper Canyon' service. For a summary of remaining Mexican train services see www.mexlist.com/pass.htm.

Oldtimer said:
TexasBred said:

I watched a show some months ago- before it really became such an issue... It showed them travelling mostly by rail....
They showed train after train of boxcars covered with kids on top and hanging on the sides and all over them.... And some were killed or injured along the route... At that time the Central American and Mexican police were trying to interdict some at the borders (or to rob them)...

The news show said some were being aided by smugglers- but others had saved enough money to get smuggler help once they got to the US border... It said some of those were being robbed or swindled by supposed smugglers (or police) ...

Heard about that show. It was on Al Jazera....as the story said. How does someone living in such depraved condition save the thousands of dollars the reporters said they paid??? http://ri.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrTcXunqPRTFvYACf2jzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBpcGszamw0BHNlYwNmcC1pbWcEc2xrA2ltZw--/RV=2/RE=1408571687/RO=11/RU=http%3a%2f%2fmigrationhealth.blogspot.com%2f2010%2f11%2fcentral-american-migrants-at-lecherias.html/RK=0/RS=jQZvNhOjciB98aw.fLzFyrKvBhU-

Mike said:

There are no railroads to speak of in Central America from Columbia to Mexico. Not much of a rail system reaching from Southern Mexico to the U.S. Border.

There would be a lot of walking getting to the U.S. from Central America by rail.

Mexico used to have a good train service linking all major cities, using restaurant cars, sleeping-cars and observation cars, many inherited from the USA. Sadly, the Mexican government pulled the plug on almost all long-distance passenger train service some years ago, and buses and planes are now the only way to get around Mexico. A couple of very minor service exist in certain areas, including the famous scenic 'Copper Canyon' service. For a summary of remaining Mexican train services see www.mexlist.com/pass.htm.

Not on the map the lack of train service south of Mexico City all the way to Guatemala.

TexasBred said:
Imagine you are a 3 year old to 8 year old child. You are on your own without adults. You are asked to walk from Houston, Texas to Minneapolis, Minnesota on your own with no food or belongings to sustain you.

How does a 3 to 8 year old even have reason? How do they know life is better elsewhere?

Latest posts