• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A quote just for you ECON!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Murgen

Reaction score
It seems unfair that the very companies who have been allowed to create BSE through the sales of their organo phosphate insecticides / war gas prerequisites, are now out and about looking for further revenue to make out of the "crisis" itself - by offering a commercial solution to the very problems that their products had created in the first instance.

http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Maple%20Grief%202%20.htm

Murgen said:
It seems unfair that the very companies who have been allowed to create BSE through the sales of their organo phosphate insecticides / war gas prerequisites, are now out and about looking for further revenue to make out of the "crisis" itself - by offering a commercial solution to the very problems that their products had created in the first instance.

http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/Maple%20Grief%202%20.htm

If it could be traced back to them, it would be a shame. Without more and better analysis of data, we will never know. The USDA is in the "trust me" mode and will not allow for any verification/independent tests even customers are willing to pay for it. How will we get the data necessary to solve it with this kind of policy?

The real question may be, "yes, we have it in North America, that's a fact, but why are we not looking for the cause?"

We are only looking at transmission theories and positive tests. Will we prove 100 have BSE, but still be in danger of new cases, cause we don't demand to know the cause.

Murgen said:
The real question may be, "yes, we have it in North America, that's a fact, but why are we not looking for the cause?"

We are only looking at transmission theories and positive tests. Will we prove 100 have BSE, but still be in danger of new cases, cause we don't demand to know the cause.

I have advocated for finding the cause. In the feed transmission route, the feed is the cause.

We do need more and better research on it and the USDA is doing everything it can to hamper the real research and the best tests.

In the feed transmission route, the feed is the cause.
I wonder why they call it the "feed transmission" route

No feed is a trasmission vector, not THE cause. Are there any other transmission vetors?

What causes prions to misfold?

Murgen said:
In the feed transmission route, the feed is the cause.
I wonder why they call it the "feed transmission" route

No feed is a trasmission vector, not THE cause. Are there any other transmission vetors?

Anther transmission route is lax standards on imports of tainted materials.

Both our govts. got that one wrong, Murgen.

I agree, that preventitive measures may be mistimed or lax.

What is the cause of CJD, CWD, and all the other TSE's.

I'd love to hear any theories?

Are some chemicals, neurotoxins?

Were OP's originally made as nerve agents?

What was/is the withdrawal time on OP's, before slaughter?

When is an imature ruminant (monogastric, due to digestion not being in the rumen) animal most susceptible? How long do they have passive transfer?

Murgen said:
I agree, that preventitive measures may be mistimed or lax.

What is the cause of CJD, CWD, and all the other TSE's.

I'd love to hear any theories?

Are some chemicals, neurotoxins?

Were OP's originally made as nerve agents?

What was/is the withdrawal time on OP's, before slaughter?

When is an imature ruminant (monogastric, due to digestion not being in the rumen) animal most susceptible? How long do they have passive transfer?

Great questions for our researchers to answer.

Bse tester has already said that acid can break down the bse prions. Maybe that is a clue. Its absence may have something to do with it.

Many diseases are caused by the waste products of certain bacteria that are toxic (we even use some of these toxins in medicine--botox for example). Bse seems to be something entirely different with a dna (or rna) factor that allows for replication.

Whatever the cause, we know how to eliminate it--- if only we will.

Please tell us how to eliminate it Econ. We'd love to know.

Reader would probably love to hear how to eliminate CJD, CWD also.

Murgen said:
Please tell us how to eliminate it Econ. We'd love to know.

Reader would probably love to hear how to eliminate CJD, CWD also.

Eliminate the politics and ignorance. When it is encountered, put in economic consequences. GIPSA has no economic consequences for Tyson; the ones who really wrote the law saw to that. It is political corruption at its best and every chair of the senate and house agriculture committees have been a part of it.

Latest posts