• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A turn of good luck.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

As some of you may remember, we lost a good kid horse last winter from colic. We have been passing the word around, and keeping our eyes peeled for a replacement since then. I had a good horse that was just a tad past beginner stage, but still needed something bomb proof.

Well my better half saw an ad for a kid horse fairly near us, so we went to check it out. This horse was priced so reasonably that I thought there must be a hole in it somewhere, and I thought from how they explained him that it seemed too good to be true. Anyway, we went over and were very impressed with the horse, and bought him home as soon as we could get him loaded up. He seems just the best, as he has been kid tested and father approved so far. You just hope that there is no big surprise, but he seems completely solid. It is just so refreshing to deal with folks that lay things on the line, and represent a horse like you would like to think you would do yourself.

It was a fun day, nice people, and maybe someday if he turns out like I think he will, we can pass the horse down the line to somebody with a like need.

The best part is seeing the satisfaction that the kids have already gotten from "Showtime".

That's great, jake!! I am happy for you and your kids. Nice horses are a real find and getting few and far between.

I'm always happy when a nice horse gets a good home!

I heard about a really nice 3-year old that is going to be sold at a sale and I think I will go and try to buy him. I trust the fella that told me about the horse. My husband rides alone so much that I prefer him to ride something seasoned and therefore didn't want to buy a 3 year old. This one sounds outstanding, so maybe it will work. If not, someone else might want him next year when he is four. Hate to pass up a good one that is nearby.

Thanks FH. You better go check out the horse you mentioned. You won't know unless you go see him. I thought about going to the last horse sale in your hometown, but didn't get there. How is that market doing now in general?

Oh, yes, we will go to the ranch to see him before the sale. My husband HATES horse sales while I love 'em. Not necessarily to buy, but I just like to see the different horses and the different tactics used...but I usually find one or two I really like, or feel sorry for. I bought the nicest horse at a sale in Helena, Mt. years ago for $650. I bought him just because I didn't think he was bringing enough money. Turned out to be a nice, nice horse. Curt Pate used him to announce rodeoes horseback a few times because of his color. He was a beautiful dark dappled palamino. Really a fancy color and fancy made nice horse.

Did you mean how is the livestock barn here doing in general or with their horse sales?

They have pretty much shut down during the summer so I really don't know. They are getting geared up for fall and are holding a yearling special Wednesday before the fair. Geez, that is next week already!!!

Did you hear about the Weller Horse Sale held in Kadoka, SD? Good horses sold very well. I never feel bad when a good horse brings good money!

I was interested in how the Deadwood Horse Sale in June turned out. Never did hear. The Tri-State said they had the sale results on page 10, but I couldn't find a report ANYWHERE~

Latest posts