• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A visit with Mr and Mrs Jinglebob: some pictures

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr

Reaction score
After the get-together the Jinglebobs invited us to hunt for dinosaur bone fossils on their ranch of beautiful rolling grassy hills dotted with remnants of their ancestors' homes. The weather was warm and breezy, Cindy and Hope(Jinglebob's cute daughter-in-law in the red plaid shirt on horseback) put together a " lunch" which was more like a dinner, then while Cindy went to do some REAL work in town we went digging and found a few pieces of fossilized bone. Just like a true treasure hunt and gave us an appreciation for the pre-history of the area! We learned some things about saddle making in his shop which we'd never knew. He makes a good teacher.

Hope showed us the old stone house she and her husband are planning to renovate and we explored another old house filled with antiques.

Jinglebob was quite a guide! Gave us a tour of his land letting Craig
do the open/shut gate thing, explained the watering system and how other things operated which interested my husband;we tried a little mending of fencing with him and then tried riding horse "Kid" bareback. Manure is soft to land in!

I loved how the horses nuzzle and breathed in my face and neck. They were a beautiful herd to be around. Here are some pictures from that wonderful day. Thank you so much Cindy, JingleBob and family!!!!!

:D

Deadwoodsep2Jinglebobsranch003.jpg
Deadwoodsep2Jinglebobsranch012.jpg
Deadwoodsep2Jinglebobsranch025.jpg
Deadwoodsep2Jinglebobsranch008.jpg
Deadwoodsep2Jinglebobsranch010.jpg
Deadwoodsep2Jinglebobsranch041.jpg
Deadwoodsep2Jinglebobsranch012.jpg

Just in case anyone is confused, the cute blond on the horse at the bottom, is not mrs. Jinglebob, but one of our girls, my son's wife. The other daughter in law and our grandson weren't here that day.

And nr and mr nr were fun to host. They had lots of good questions and were so enthusiastic. And I do believe I could make mr nr into a cowboy/cowman in no time. He sure did get good at opening gates! And nr got the hang of fixing fence fast, also!

You guys come back and stay longer next time.

Denny said:
Sounds like a new business.

Reality Ranching...

Great idea for a name and a new business! :lol:

Send them in and we'll show them around. :lol:

Over the years, we have had visitors from Mongolia, Norway, Ireland, Chile, Mexico, Switzerland, France and many others from all over the country. I meet people and invite them out to the ranch and some show up. it's always enjoyable and a good way to educate those who just learn about ranching and our end of the cattle business from movies and the liberal media. We've made some wonderful friends too! :lol:

So send them out and we'll try and show them a good time. :)

Latest posts