• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Accident=Ford+loaded trailer+Charolais cow

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Manitoba_Rancher

Reaction score
This afternoon we were hauling cows home from pasture and we had a misfortune when a neighbors cow came up out of the ditch and onto the road. Tried to miss her but we had a full load and it was hard to keep the truck and trailer upright. Did a fair bit of damage to the truck, killed the cow and shook us up a bit but we werent hurt.

Manitoba_Rancher said:
This afternoon we were hauling cows home from pasture and we had a misfortune when a neighbors cow came up out of the ditch and onto the road. Tried to miss her but we had a full load and it was hard to keep the truck and trailer upright. Did a fair bit of damage to the truck, killed the cow and shook us up a bit but we werent hurt.

Glad you guys weren't hurt- but I think if I was your insurance agent I'd be sending you to Geico.... :wink: :lol: Did you break a mirror or something last year :???:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Manitoba_Rancher/accident001.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Manitoba_Rancher/accident006.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Manitoba_Rancher/25a4c91d.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Manitoba_Rancher/9b33091c.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y256/Manitoba_Rancher/accident006.jpg

Looks like a UFO got her, to me! Are you sure you hit her with your pickup? :wink:

Gosh, MR, bad luck seems to run in '3's'. I hope this is your third deal of bad luck and you can rest easier now.

Glad no one was hurt. You can always fix the pickup. Nice outfit, by the way.

FH,

Yeah truck doesnt look too pretty anymore. :( Airbags didnt go off in the truck. We only ended up with one cow down in the trailer but we managed to get her up. Its a real sharp grade along that road there where we hit her so were damn lucky there wasnt a truck and trailer on its roof. Now we have to find a truck to rent as ours will be out of comission for a while. Have to get my uncle to haul the rest of the cows out of that south pasture. Take it from me when you hit a 1800 lb char cow its like hitting a MACK truck! :roll:

Um why don't u have a grill guard on your pickup? if you would of had one of them it wouldn't have hardly even dented your pickup don't look like. just wunderin. Everyone up home has a well built grill guard for deflecting deer, cows, hitch hikers and anything else that gets in the way.

Glad everyone is safe MR. It looks like that cow did a heck of a number.

I was coming home from visiting some friends one nite when I saw the reflection of some eyes on the road. I slowed to a stop when I was close enough to see that they were some black cows. I nearly crapped my pants when another four came out of the ditch and streaking onto the road from the right rear part of the truck. I had just driven by them and didn't see a one of 'em.

I've seen that grill guard on your Dodge, TXTibbs, that thing is built to deflect elephants and rhinos!

Here are some pics of that grill guard on my pickup....I am sure glad I have had it on there....it has been used several times!! The front of all these new outfits now are just so cheaply made....you just barely push on it and you will dent them. Pieces of crap.....so yeah if you hit a deer or something it will cause outrageous amounts of damage and expense.....the front ends aren't cheap to fix.

b614ab00.jpg

Grill Guard on my truck

30ac9f7b.jpg

Pic of good ole Texas Dodge....haha

106174c0.jpg

Another Grill Guard shot...

f846eaef.jpg

Just another pic

d42a1454.jpg

Not sure if it will be readable, but here is the guy who made the grill guard.....he does a damn good job. The area code is 325 now instead of 915 tho if anyone actually calls that number...haha.

That grill guard is both welded and bolted, so its not going anywhere. It's just spot welded I believe, and that is optional cause I know a lot of people don't like to weld to the frame or whatever. And at the time I bought it like 3 years ago it cost $450....not sure what they would be now.

TX_T

Do you use your truck to ram stuff? Looks like the dozer on a D-8, could knock down trees with that sucker :wink: .... NIce looking Dodge you got there!!! 8)

Good looking unit Tibbs. Looks like the weight of that brush guard would drop your mileage down to single digits!! :shock:

Got a well built bumper on the back of that rig too?

Muratic said:
Good looking unit Tibbs. Looks like the weight of that brush guard would drop your mileage down to single digits!! :shock:

Got a well built bumper on the back of that rig too?

I get between 16-20 mpg on the thing, and no the back just has the factory bumper. I dont' tend to hit many deer, livestock or hitch hikers while backing up.....although i did back into my friends car the other night in the dark. Dented his up pretty good and barely scratched mine....his fault for parking where i usually back out of. Anyway....i just hope no one rear ends me......

The front grill guard has deflected a few trees to while guiding deer hunters in the brush country....

Manitoba_Rancher said:
Got word back today and theres $13000 damage to the ole Ford. :(

Dang, That's more than I paid for mine!!! I feel for ya buddy. But at least you wern't hurt.

Latest posts