• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

accidental injection of scourgaurd

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OT....no kiddin'.....often pondered the age old question myself about winning the lottery....we would also buy us a bigger spread with more cattle and then go broke because of the outrageous property taxes!!!

Manitoba Rancher....hope the hand is treating ya okay!! had a niece stick herself with a well used antibiotic needle last year during branding and she ended up in the emergency room not much later....the doctor called our house wanting to know "which" antibiotic we used....ended up giving him a few names to choose from....SCARY!! hang in there and best of luck on your recovery!!

Manitoba Rancher, your needle stick injury reminded me of two I want to forget. Once I stuck myself in the emergency room with a needle I'd just injected into a patient being treated for V.D. Yuchhh. That pre-dated HIV concerns but had me plenty worried since a fellow worker was purely jaundiced and out with hepatitis contracted from a previous needle stick.
The second time I was hit was after drawing someone's blood and the needle slipped and did a jackknife dive into my leg. It was uncomfortable asking him about his possibility of being HIV positive and whether he'd mind being tested for my peace of mind. At least you won't have that worry!!

Latest posts