• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Aches and pains

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
Anybody else sore tonight like I am? I was pounding steel posts through frozen ground and pulled the heck out of my left shoulder. Feels like somebody stuck a knife through my shoulder blade. I'm crowding 55 on the odometer and between bad habits like rodeo, working construction for twenty years and ranching, I'm aging like an egg salad left on a July picnic table in Phoenix! 🤮

Handful of cowboy candy (advil) and a heat pad while watching the NFR. Let's hear your own misery's 😁😁😁

I have been asking and never get a straight answer. Which ones are the aches and which ones are the pains. I hear too many people, especially old people complain about aches and pains so I make it a point to never mention then. I use the standard rodeo answer. It is a long ways from your heart.

Thinking of getting bursitis in hip done next year, Doctor says after that something else will take place of the pain. When we put it the steel post at the water tank, we heated the bottom with a propane torch first.

Mr. FH had hernia surgery yesterday. Does that qualify for an ache or for a pain?
He's doing incredibly well. Only has taken a couple of Aleve for inflammation.
Walked to the shop and back today.
He wanted a cinnamon roll when he came out of surgery.
They gave him a graham cracker. 🤣

I got him some athletic pants with elastic draw string waist.
He's wore his Wranglers and boots home along with a snap western shirt.
Wore them again today.
Buying those athletic pants was a waste of $22.

Mr. FH knows exactly what he's doing.You can't allow any little,not even the tiniest chink in your armor or the next thing you know,you won't be able to fit into those jeans.You'll be in your favorite chair all the time in those loose fitting athletic pants.Then it's into some fleece lined slippers too.The next thing you know you're watching someone else do the work you used to.That hand takes away from your bottom line.Then the next thing you know,your watching a big retirement sale and wondering how it came to this.No one would think that it all started with a pair of comfortable fitting britches.

Mr. FH had hernia surgery yesterday. Does that qualify for an ache or for a pain?

Wore them again today.
You tell him he is a bull headed old fashionista!

I have been asking and never get a straight answer. Which ones are the aches and which ones are the pains. I hear too many people, especially old people complain about aches and pains so I make it a point to never mention then. I use the standard rodeo answer. It is a long ways from your heart.
Your inquiry tells me you don't have hemorrhoids. The difference between an ache and a pain is best defined by hemorrhoids.

Seriously, I can tell you an ache is like a sore muscle and pain is a nerve conducting more electrical current than it should and feels like a bolt of lightning flashing through your body.

Aches I laugh about and carry on as usual, but pains having me talking to Jesus and fine-tuning my act to be more presentable at the pearly gates. Especially the ones that run through my head. It is from nerve damage similar to MS.

Another example would be a sore back from a strained muscle compared to sciatica or a disc being damaged allowing bone on bone with a nerve getting pinched in between.

Wore them again today.
Sorry to hear he had to have such surgery. I hope he will take it easier from now on. Did they at least put some peanut butter on his graham cracker? I hope you can take the pants back. next time you are in town. I hope you had a cinnamon roll for him this morning. :LOL:

Your inquiry tells me you don't have hemorrhoids. The difference between an ache and a pain is best defined by hemorrhoids.

Seriously, I can tell you an ache is like a sore muscle and pain is a nerve conducting more electrical current than it should and feels like a bolt of lightning flashing through your body.

Aches I laugh about and carry on as usual, but pains having me talking to Jesus and fine-tuning my act to be more presentable at the pearly gates. Especially the ones that run through my head. It is from nerve damage similar to MS.

Another example would be a sore back from a strained muscle compared to sciatica or a disc being damaged allowing bone on bone with a nerve getting pinched in between.
Brand Inspector spent a couple days helping SV ranch gather their summer cows to haul back to Nevada, all the cutting was done in a corner of a pasture. Said he use the whole box of Kleenexes before he got the hemorrhoids to stop bleeding. After his surgery we said he was the perfect @$$hole

Brand Inspector spent a couple days helping SV ranch gather their summer cows to haul back to Nevada, all the cutting was done in a corner of a pasture. Said he use the whole box of Kleenexes before he got the hemorrhoids to stop bleeding. After his surgery we said he was the perfect @$$hole
I have no first-hand knowledge of bleeding hemorrhoids. :D I am surprised the SV rancher didn't have him bend over so he could fill his rectum with blood stop. It would have saved him big dollars on the surgery. :ROFLMAO:

That reminds me of the hard-working wife of a hard-nosed, mean, taskmaster, buckaroo cowboy to accompany her to her doctor visit to get her hemorrhoids checked. The angry buckeroo husband asked why, and her reply was because the doctor told her to bring her asshole. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have experienced aches and pains I just wonder where the line between them is. Between riding bucking horses and falling timber I have pressure tested my body a time or two. I have broken 8 bones. Dislocated both shoulders, one so many times they had to operated on it. Dislocated my right elbow (that is real pain). Destroyed the soft tissue in my calf (first two doctors were going to cut it off at the knee). Stitches about a dozen time, lost count on them.
Worked with a guy who was my same age. At about 50 he started complaining about how getting old made him ache. He had never stubbed his toe. I said I don't know what you are talking about. I feel as good as I did at 30.

Sorry to hear he had to have such surgery. I hope he will take it easier from now on. Did they at least put some peanut butter on his graham cracker? I hope you can take the pants back. next time you are in town. I hope you had a cinnamon roll for him this morning. :LOL:
Oh yes, I made him cinnamon rolls.
Can't take the pants back because he cut the tags off. They asked if he wanted peanut butter on his graham cracker and he said no.

They sent him home with homemade chicken noodle soup. He said it was the best he ever ate. He must have still been feeling the effects of the anesthesia because he usually doesn't care for anything with chicken in the name. It was nice of them to send it with us though.

Mr. FH knows exactly what he's doing.You can't allow any little,not even the tiniest chink in your armor or the next thing you know,you won't be able to fit into those jeans.You'll be in your favorite chair all the time in those loose fitting athletic pants.Then it's into some fleece lined slippers too.The next thing you know you're watching someone else do the work you used to.That hand takes away from your bottom line.Then the next thing you know,your watching a big retirement sale and wondering how it came to this.No one would think that it all started with a pair of comfortable fitting britches.
I took his one and only hardly worn 20-year old pair of fleece lined slippers with us (along with the athletic pants). He wouldn't wear either of them. Read gcreeks post. It fits.

And if it isn't a long way from your heart, get help immediately!

We sold some roping steers years ago to an order buyer in Billings.
He was a pretty good 'ole boy, has been deceased now for quite some time.
He bought the steers without looking at them and that was before videos.
So we dellivered the steers to him at Billings. He ran them through the chute and branded them.
When they were turned out, we watched them going into the pasture.
He said one was limping.
I said "what one?"
He said "that one" and pointed to one.

I replied, "it's a long way from his heart."
It tickled that ole boy so much, he laughed, and he bought our dinner and gave us a video of the Cattle Drive (so it must have been in 1988.)

He called us every now and then wanting to know if our roping club had any more steers.

Latest posts