• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Action # 4 and # 5

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Considering the fact that you are not an over-educated, impractical, self-important beaurocrat, I will give you 99.99% chance of complete denial. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Considering the fact that you are not an over-educated, impractical, self-important beaurocrat, I will give you 99.99% chance of complete denial. :wink:

so if i get approved - does that mean i'm a self important over eduacted impractical beaurocrat. might have to run for office if this goes thru.

those odds aren't worth the fuel money to helena and back...

Hereford76 said:
gcreekrch said:

so if i get approved - does that mean i'm a self important over eduacted impractical beaurocrat. might have to run for office if this goes thru.

those odds aren't worth the fuel money to helena and back...

must be a coincidence - funny tho. getting some more bookwork caught up. just got done posting the comment above and the phone rings. MT Democrat party looking for someone to run against roy hollandsworth for state legislature - wanted to know if i'd run... must be having a hard time finding someone to run as dem.

Hereford76 said:
gcreekrch said:

so if i get approved - does that mean i'm a self important over eduacted impractical beaurocrat.

I didn't think to add that into the equation. :?

Hereford76 said:
what's the odds i'll get denied?

You never know- the Board has been laxing up some on the rules--- of cattle coming from other states- and now dropping the multiple trich tests/quarantines on nonvirgin bull sales/leases for parts of the state...

But I do also know there is still quite a group of folks that would like to see all the import rules stricter and oppose any changes the other way.....

Oldtimer said:
Hereford76 said:

You never know- the Board has been laxing up some on the rules--- of cattle coming from other states- and now dropping the multiple trich tests/quarantines on nonvirgin bull sales/leases for parts of the state...

But I do also know there is still quite a group of folks that would like to see all the import rules stricter and oppose any changes the other way.....

ya the - you never know part is enough to justify the trip to helena. i asked the state vet if there was any card carying members of rcalf. he made it sound like there was an excellent group sitting on the board. i'm also hoping the breed i'm trying to import my play in favor.

i guess i'd be one that would like to see movement both ways like it used to be. sure would make a difference on the feeder calves out of here. do you know anyone on the board OT - chester guy on there and debruycker

http://liv.mt.gov/public/board.mcpx

Hereford76 said:
Oldtimer said:
Hereford76 said:

ya the - you never know part is enough to justify the trip to helena. i asked the state vet if there was any card carying members of rcalf. he made it sound like there was an excellent group sitting on the board. i'm also hoping the breed i'm trying to import my play in favor.

i guess i'd be one that would like to see movement both ways like it used to be. sure would make a difference on the feeder calves out of here. do you know anyone on the board OT - chester guy on there and debruycker

http://liv.mt.gov/public/board.mcpx

I've known Linda and her family for years...She was a former in-law at one time...Now owns the stockyards...

And I wasn't even thinking of R-CALF- as there are several others out there not even organized that don't want to lower any of the rules... I heard a lot of it when they were supposedly finding cattle that had been imported coming out of banned states- by going to/thru 3rd states...Folks worried about not only bangs but states with trich and TB..

Then again have heard it echoed lately with all the Texas and droughted out southern states cattle being hauled up here... Several folks don't have too much faith in the other states Livestock Boards and/or Livestock health/inspection programs- and were complaining the rules should be strengthened rather than weakened...Most of these folks are ones that run on large government pasture allotments with little fencing between pastures and/or are neighboring some of the allotments/pastures where these imported cattle are going to be running....

And the plan to bring (tested) buffalo up to this area from Yellowstone Park on two reservations has stirred things too- with almost all cattlemen showing up at the hearings opposing that...

PATB said:
OT don't worry wolves will have to be imported to control the buffalo :mad:

Oh we've always had them.. Altho usually the Feds didn't want to recognize that fact- we've had them coming down from Canada for as long as I can remember... Local folks just kind of "managed" them on their own as needed and left the Feds out of the picture...

In fact in the last month we've had sitings of two different ones- one less than 20 miles south of me...And that one they got some really good pictures of that they had in the local paper...

Hereford76 said:
looks like im gonna have to run for office... or maybe head to vegas after beating the gcreekrch odds

So are you saying they are dropping the OCV bangs rule on Canadian cattle?

Oldtimer said:
Hereford76 said:
looks like im gonna have to run for office... or maybe head to vegas after beating the gcreekrch odds

i'm saying they are allowing non vaccinates over 12 months of age to come into MT to quarantine for adult bangs on canadian cattle. same deal as with ocv just now allowing adult - i think within state vet's discretion, might be wrong on that.

Hereford76 said:
Oldtimer said:
Hereford76 said:

i'm saying they are allowing non vaccinates over 12 months of age to come into MT to quarantine for adult bangs on canadian cattle. same deal as with ocv just now allowing adult - i think within state vet's discretion, might be wrong on that.

OK- it sounds like its probably the same thing they did with some of the other states previously.....

Latest posts