• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ad at the top of page?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ho55

Reaction score
"Protect our public lands" Looks like the left extreme environmentalists are buying ads on Ranchers.net. Next thing you know Al Gore and Bruce Babbitt will be posting on here.

Based on your browsing history, the ads are automatically generated. At the top of the page, to the left of the ranchers.net logo is an ad from Sprint, which is my cell phone provider.

That's funny and good to know.They must be targeting me as I don't believe they are "public lands" they should be controlled by the states and county's they are in.

Mine has an add for Fat girls clothing. Pretty sure I'm not in that market as is knowone else in this household.

Larrry said:
So here's a question, what do you suppose kola and ot have at the top of their page

Mine are for a new Honda side by side Pioneer 700-4 (sorry folks I bought a new Polaris Ranger 800LE about 3 weeks ago )- The Angus Report- and the Geico Lizard..

Have no idea what brought up the lizard as I have never looked at or had Geico insurance....

That's funny and good to know.They must be targeting me as I don't believe they are "public lands" they should be controlled by the states and county's they are in.

Interesting-- as that is the talk of many of the websites-- especially those east of the Mississippi that believe the federal government should stop subsidizing western cattlemen with cheap government leases...
Sounds like that may again end up being a central issue in deficit reduction plans ...

burnt said:
Denny said:
Mine has an add for Fat girls clothing. Pretty sure I'm not in that market as is knowone else in this household.

Right. You really can't pin that one on your son.

One of his favorite songs.

http://youtu.be/VMnjF1O4eH0

OT. A lot of people are really uninformed on the issue of "public land grazing". I'm not subsidized by the government by grazing on these lands one bit. I own the grazing right on these lands. Plain and simple. The fee I pay every year is maintanance fee based on the number of cows I run. Not a grazing fee. I bought the grazing rights from my father and he from his. We own these rights and if we didn't we would have been gone from these ranges long ago.

Ho55 said:
OT. A lot of people are really uninformed on the issue of "public land grazing". I'm not subsidized by the government by grazing on these lands one bit. I own the grazing right on these lands. Plain and simple. The fee I pay every year is maintanance fee based on the number of cows I run. Not a grazing fee. I bought the grazing rights from my father and he from his. We own these rights and if we didn't we would have been gone from these ranges long ago.

Ho55- I don't know where you live :???: - but I'm not sure that many around here want to turn public lands over the to state or county-- as the state and county are about double or more on what the Feds charge (Tribal can be 3 to 4 times more)... Since I live in an area made up of a majority of public lands (federal, state, county, tribal, etc) I believe I understand the situation (as much as it is possible from day to day :wink: )-- BUT the Simpson/Bowles commission opened up a whole new can of worms with their recommendations to cut out farm subsidies- and eliminate/sell off much of the public lands that are now unused or only good as grazing...

And- if you follow many of the cattle websites- that stirred many of the back east/east of the Missouri/Mississippi cattle/farming folks that consider the public grazing leases to be subsidies ... :???:
And I really think the way the country is heading-- those questions will again reappear.......

OT. This is an issue that is quite controversial. Has been and will continue to be. All those folks east of Mississippi need to look at a map of federally controlled land and see they have very little and we in the west are covered by "federal land". I would gladly pay more if I knew my fees would stay in the local economy. Back east the states control the land and that's the way it was set up to be. When a state became a sovereign state it was to control the land within its boundaries. Not be controlled by the government. In the county I live in there is 4 percent privately owned property. Find one county east of the Mississippi with that amount of private property.

I had the exact same ad that you had Ho55. And it pisses me off when folks attack western grazing rights and have no idea what they are talking about! :mad: (Not directed at you Ho55)

A grazing right is the same thing as a mineral right or a water right. WE OWN THEM. No one else can graze that land except the grazing rights owner. The $1.85 FEE we pay is only a fee or tax on the right. It is not an AUM rent charge. Paying for leases on private land and owning a public land grazing right are polar opposites, and people need to quit comparing the two because it just makes you look really ignorant! We already discussed this on a forum here but i dont have a link to that thread. I only ask you get a little education before you attack public land grazing cause 99% have no idea what they are talking about.

You are exactly right leanin H. I couldn't have said it any better. It is a right and people don't understand that. And I will defend my right. Enough said.

Latest posts