• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Adios Amigos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I sure don't have a dog in this fight...all I wanna do is sell LOOMIX to folks because I truly believe in the product, much like FH and her Vigortone, which at one time, the parent company of Vigortone also owned LOOMIX.

Don't know Kit Pharo, or much about him, nor do I really care...but it seems he is a lightning rod at this forum. Folks either fully embrace his ideas or they despise them. But that doesn't matter. What does matter is Mr. Pharo seems to be able to intimidate folks without ever putting it out on the www.

Should he decide to be open and forthright and join in the discussion here, all well and good. Discourse is good, and a lot of folks may actually gain something by having open discussion. But, I would be in hell with my back broken twice before I would let some hide in the shadows jabronie lurker dictate my actions on a public forum. In the words of Scott Hall, "Don't sing it, Chico...Bring it!"

Just my .02 cents.......FWIW

Well I won't comment one way or the other. So in the words of Curly Bill "By"

rkaiser said:
Grassfarmer ain't going away too far. Once you've been on ranchers.net you have to die to leave. He'll just become a closet reader like myself, who throws in a line from time to time to let you all know I'm is still alive.

I just wish the time I post would not show up and tell you that I can't sleep at 3:52 a.m LOL and the only thing I could think of to do is check you guys out.

We got some fun happening up in Cunckleville and would love to have any of you join the gang in Red Deer on March 31st. Bring a load of Rcalf boys up Oldtimer; and we'll have a beer.

Go ahead and post in the middle of the night. Maybe everyone else will think you are just out checking calving cows. :wink: :)

Northern Rancher said:
I only lose it when some zero attacks my family-there isn't anybody I can't handle on here chirping about me or my management style. My kids are off limits to anybody.
I agree totally with the above quote.

Grass farmer stay around and keep educating us on grass management and marketing. I may not agree with some of the thoughts and ideas on this board but they have made me think and question how I manage the business which is a priceless gift.

To paraphrase a Louis L'amour saying in one of his books. "Did the wagons stop when the mongrel dogs were barking at us in the last town or did we continue on towards are destination and ignore them. The dogs will still be barking long after we reach are final destination and they will be still be barking in the town?"

loomixguy said:
I sure don't have a dog in this fight...all I wanna do is sell LOOMIX to folks because I truly believe in the product, much like FH and her Vigortone, which at one time, the parent company of Vigortone also owned LOOMIX.

Don't know Kit Pharo, or much about him, nor do I really care...but it seems he is a lightning rod at this forum. Folks either fully embrace his ideas or they despise them. But that doesn't matter. What does matter is Mr. Pharo seems to be able to intimidate folks without ever putting it out on the www.

Should he decide to be open and forthright and join in the discussion here, all well and good. Discourse is good, and a lot of folks may actually gain something by having open discussion. But, I would be in hell with my back broken twice before I would let some hide in the shadows jabronie lurker dictate my actions on a public forum. In the words of Scott Hall, "Don't sing it, Chico...Bring it!"

Just my .02 cents.......FWIW

Scott Hall? As in Razor Ramon :D

Ok my stance. Everyone should listen to Kit. It won't hurt you if you don't agree, but it might challenge you to evaluate your management. You can't get stuck in a rut. There are techniques that won't work for everyone because of the environment, farming, crop residue, pastures and on and on. But we must be on the constant analysis of our operations. The bad thing is no year is alike so we must try to hit the majority of ours years by making the cows adapt to their environment as much as possible. Since it is an ever changing worl man will have to adapt in the freak or odd years. I wish eh'd come on here. I would hope he has enough conviction in his program to defend his ideas in a public form. Like I said the man has been good for the industry whether you adapt to his philisophy or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYfu5E-hOE&feature=related
219ubn6.jpg

Big Muddy rancher said:
Scott Hall? As in Razor Ramon :D

Efrybody knows......he's the bad guy, Chico.

Scott Hall, as in Big Scott Hall, the Diamond Stud, the Bad Guy Razor Ramon, and again as Scott Hall, Wolfpac member. :wink: 8) :lol:

I do hope you stick around GF but do what you must. This forum has gained something from you being here. Don't let someone get under your skin just because you are brave enough to share your opinions.

Grassfarmer, for what it's worth, I know I'd agree with you most of the time from the first time I saw your name!

I believe strongly in low inputs, cow longevity, cows doing the work, etc., etc.

While there's more on here than just you and I, we're way outnumbered on most any forum, and certainly out in the real world.

I hate to see you go.

Hang out GF,i like your ideas on grass ranching,people are a little punchy lately,coming off a long winter.Grab some fresh air,enjoy your ranch and family,compose yourself and come back.But don't run yourself off the board,that goes for everyone :wink:

rkaiser said:
We got some fun happening up in Cunckleville and would love to have any of you join the gang in Red Deer on March 31st. Bring a load of Rcalf boys up Oldtimer; and we'll have a beer.

rkaiser- probably won't make it as I will still be busy calving and getting things ready to move cows north-- but thanks... I haven't been to Red Deer since back in rodeo days ....
You're another one I'd like to sit and talk cows and cow politics with someday- and hear and see more of those funny named hairy beasties you raise... :wink: :lol:

Don't go... Just take a week off and come back.. If we all think the same wouldn't be boring???
Besides ya can't leave...There's no way to leave... Been there done that!

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of colitas, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
'This could be Heaven or this could be Hell'
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
Plenty of room at the Hotel California
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can find it here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
She got a lot of pretty, pretty boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Captain,
'Please bring me my wine'
He said, 'We haven't had that spirit here since nineteen sixty nine'
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them say...

Welcome to the Hotel California
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely place)
Such a lovely face
They livin' it up at the Hotel California
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your alibis

Mirrors on the ceiling,
The pink champagne on ice
And she said 'We are all just prisoners here, of our own device'
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
'Relax,' said the night man,
'We are programmed to receive.
You can check-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'

Hang in there Grassfarmer. I watched some 525 pound steers bring a $140 in Brush CO yesterday and many five weights bring $130. There are a lot of ways of doing things and obviously people with 500-600 pound steers this time of year are running off the normal path- you know the one where you do the same thing year after year until you are broke.

Angus 62 said:
Hang in there Grassfarmer. I watched some 525 pound steers bring a $140 in Brush CO yesterday and many five weights bring $130. There are a lot of ways of doing things and obviously people with 500-600 pound steers this time of year are running off the normal path- you know the one where you do the same thing year after year until you are broke.

I hope the grass guys still have that kind of money in early May. :wink:

Larrry said:
WB said:
because you are brave enough to share your opinions.

What an odd coincidence, that is just what kit does

Here kitty, kitty kitty

funny i don't see him being brave hidin behind a pm should cowboy up and tell his thoughts on the board.we could maybe all learn sumthin if him and grassfarmer get out in open and do some sparrin. 8)

Grassfarmer and I have butted heads a lot lately. While we do disagree, Nobody ought to want to leave ranchers. It has too much to offer and too many good things and people. Grassfarmer is one of them! I hope you decide to change your mind. Send me your email when you get a minute if you want and we can argue that way! :lol: :wink: Stick around.

I feel compelled to comment just once more on my final post. In retrospect I regret that I shared the information that Kit Pharo had emailed me upset about a thread I had posted about him. I have respect for Kit and his program and did not intend to precipitate an anti-Kit post with him being the recipient of the abuse that most claim to disapprove of on this site.
I am not leaving because of Kit Pharo or even the post that concerned him - more so the BS thread and other recent postings concerning me and my opinions.
What really turns me off is fact that several people contacted Kit to report what they thought I was implying about his program in my post. I have no time for this and the schoolgirl games of the badmouthing that goes on in PM's behind peoples backs. Folks may not like what I wrote sometimes but you can be assured that you read all I had to say on screen. Maybe some of those pointing fingers need to remember that the other three are pointing back at yourself.

Latest posts