• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Advice especially for SH.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Liberty Belle

Reaction score
SH needs a dose of this old rancher's advice. He's losing his audience completely - even the folks who would ordinarily agree with him:

* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.

* Keep skunks and bankers and lawyers at a distance.

* Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.

* Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.

* Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.

* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.

* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.

* It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.

* You cannot unsay a cruel word.

* Every path has a few puddles.

* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.

* The best sermons are lived, not preached.

* Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.

* Don't judge folks by their relatives.

* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.

* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

* Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.

* The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.

* Always drink upstream from the herd.

* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.

* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

* Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Those are interesting. I think I know SH pretty well, and have to say the "good" ones fit him and the "bad" ones better fit those who love to hate and/or criticize him.

Is it really a bad thing for a person to have a passion for truth and honesty and against deception and lies?

Granted, he could, at times, use more tact, but who among us should cast the first stone on that subject?

The way he has been "trashed" and vilified by some, it is a wonder he can remain as civil as he does.

I'm NOT his mom! I just have a lot of respect for the amount of research he is willing to do to back the points he makes

MRJ.

IMHO, SH is one of the very few on here that argue a subject with logic and sincerity. His arguments are clearly thought out and not offensive. Can't say that about alot of folks on here.

MRJ: Those are interesting. I think I know SH pretty well, and have to say the "good" ones fit him and the "bad" ones better fit those who love to hate and/or criticize him.

You "think" you know him because he agrees with you. You say the good ones fit him and the bad ones don't because you are also afraid to look at yourself and see any faults. It's called being Honest with yourself.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not and will not point out anyone else's faults, I am just pointing out that your are HUMAN and are NOT perfect.
Keep telling yourself, Mr. sh, There is a GOD...and you're not Him.

Chief I know it must be incredibly difficult to take a position on an issue that you cannot support with facts.

You have my sympathy!

Keep telling yourself Chief, there are industry blamers, and you are among them.

~SH~

Hi, When my husband was well one of his favorite sayings when someone
(usually himself) was critisized for something was:
"There was only one perfect person in the world, and look what happened to him. He was crucified."

MRJ said:
Those are interesting. I think I know SH pretty well, and have to say the "good" ones fit him and the "bad" ones better fit those who love to hate and/or criticize him.

Is it really a bad thing for a person to have a passion for truth and honesty and against deception and lies?

Granted, he could, at times, use more tact, but who among us should cast the first stone on that subject?

The way he has been "trashed" and vilified by some, it is a wonder he can remain as civil as he does.

I'm NOT his mom! I just have a lot of respect for the amount of research he is willing to do to back the points he makes

MRJ.
:cry2:

chief,

Allow me to introduce you to your own hypocrisy...............

chief to MRJ: "You say the good ones fit him and the bad ones don't because you are also afraid to look at yourself and see any faults."

Followed by.........

chief: "Now, don't get me wrong, I am not and will not point out anyone else's faults,"......

Do you even think before you type?

You tell MRJ she is afraid to look at herself then state how you will not point out anyone else's faults???? LOL!

Give me the lecture on who thinks they are God again.

~SH~

the chief said:
MRJ: Those are interesting. I think I know SH pretty well, and have to say the "good" ones fit him and the "bad" ones better fit those who love to hate and/or criticize him.

You "think" you know him because he agrees with you. You say the good ones fit him and the bad ones don't because you are also afraid to look at yourself and see any faults. It's called being Honest with yourself.

Now, don't get me wrong, I am not and will not point out anyone else's faults, I am just pointing out that your are HUMAN and are NOT perfect.
Keep telling yourself, Mr. sh, There is a GOD...and you're not Him.

{That is a pretty high horse you have yourself placed on there, chief!

I know my own faults better than anyone else, and have never claimed I have none.

I know that my Lord and Savior is God, and I have never tried to "be Him". Aside from knowing my inadequacy for that job, I don't have the patience required, and I'm intolerant of vindictive people.

I "think" I know the guy because he lives less than 35 miles from me in a community we visit and do business in often, he has been on our ranch frequently, going above and beyond the call of his profession in helping us with problem animals, beaver cutting down our precious few trees in our case. I know his family, and I know people who respect and like him. Amazing as it may be to you, there are things we disagree upon. The fact is that both of us are trying to defend the professional organization we choose as best suited to our cattle businesses from people who are actually telling lies about it in order to harm that organization, and I quote Herman Schumacher, auction market owner, LMA and R-CALF director, "we (LMA) had to go after the Beef Checkoff to stop NCBA".

Why should it bother any honest person when we are merely trying to tell those who promulgate lies that they are either wrong to lie, or mistaken in their facts, if they truly didn't know what they said or repeated was not true?

Both SH and I have backed our remarks with direct quotes and sources far more often than most who post here.

MRJ

Silver: IMHO, SH is one of the very few on here that argue a subject with logic and sincerity. His arguments are clearly thought out and not offensive. Can't say that about alot of folks on here.

I don't agree with your assessment of SH. Yes, sometimes he does use logic and I have to say that he is almost always sincere. That's where we part company. SH goes out of his way to be offensive and he's really good about twisting the facts to suit his purposes. He also sets himself up as an authority on subjects he knows nothing about and I can give you a list if you want.

MRJ: Is it really a bad thing for a person to have a passion for truth and honesty and against deception and lies?

It's a wonderful thing to have a passion for truth and honesty, but from personal experience, I can tell you that SH is guilty of using deception to bolster his arguments while being very quick to accuse others of lying when they present him with facts he doesn't agree with.

You've heard that quote: "It's not that our liberal friends are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'"? It isn't that SH is liberal, God forbid!, but he certainly "knows so much that isn't so"!

MRJ: Granted, he could, at times, use more tact, but who among us should cast the first stone on that subject?

Tact? Civil? Are we talking about the same guy? I can be pretty blunt myself, but if there is a civil and tactful way to present your argument, why not do it that way? As long as you don't compromise your principals, I don't see that there is much to gain by name calling and vilification of your opponent. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, SH included, but there is no justification for the screaming fits he has been pitching on this board.

With the glaring exception of his stand on private property rights, I agree with SH's positions on most issues, but dang it, he gets had to take sometimes. Maybe, if he associates with you and agman long enough, your reasoned and well-thought-out responses to the issues will rub off on him. Maybe...

SH, "Chief I know it must be incredibly difficult to take a position on an issue that you cannot support with facts. "

It seems that recently you took up a position on Korea. When pressed repeatedly to back it up with facts, you presented nothing.

SH is a big boy and I think he gets what he asks for.

My mother always said: Don't do what you don't like done and don't say what you don't like said.

We are all probably guilty of some of this.

I don't agree with everything SH says, but life is to short to hate.

If I felt having a different opinion than someone is a show of hatred, I wouldn't participate in this forum.

LB: "SH goes out of his way to be offensive and he's really good about twisting the facts to suit his purposes."

Talk is cheap!

Did anyone see anything presented to back this allegation?

NEITHER DID I!

LB: "He also sets himself up as an authority on subjects he knows nothing about and I can give you a list if you want."

By all means, show everyone here what I have stated that is incorrect.

Watch this..............

LB: "It's a wonderful thing to have a passion for truth and honesty, but from personal experience, I can tell you that SH is guilty of using deception to bolster his arguments while being very quick to accuse others of lying when they present him with facts he doesn't agree with."

Did anyone see any examples of "deception" presented to back that allegation?

Neither did I!

Once again, talk is cheap!

Stating that Conservation Officers can come onto private land and do what ever they want is not a fact, it's a lie.

Stating that I blame all livestock losses on weather is not a fact, that was a lie.

Stating that RY refused to work with any other private pilot than LB was not a fact, that was a lie.

Not once did I accuse anyone of lying without presenting the lie and not once did anyone prove me wrong.

Talk is cheap!

As always, those who cannot debate, discredit!

Same-O LB!

~SH~

SH for what and when do the CO's have to ask permission to enter private land?

Who is the permitted pilot RY worked with in Harding County in the last five years or ten years or maybe even more? LB was a contracted pilot.

SJ: "SH for what and when do the CO's have to ask permission to enter private land?"

Fish stocking and game surveys are two examples. Basically, COs have to have permission to enter private land for anything beyond wildlife law enforcement or issues of human health and safety.

SJ: "Who is the permitted pilot RY worked with in Harding County in the last five years or ten years or maybe even more? LB was a contracted pilot."

Allow me to remind you of exactly what was stated. What was stated is that RY refused to work with any other private pilot besides LB.

RY has worked with both Gary Tennant and Curt Simon.

NEXT!

~SH~

So if a CO is out doing a game check and he has not gotten permission he is in violation of trespass?

You really had to go back a lot of years to find Gary Tennant? I thought we were talking about the JJ years and our area?

SJ: "So if a CO is out doing a game check and he has not gotten permission he is in violation of trespass?"

How did you derive at that from what I stated?

Game checks deal with wildlife law enforcement as well as obtaining biological data. Game surveys and fish stocking usually do not involve enforcing wildlife laws during the time those activities are conducted.

You challenged my position with a question and I provided a straight answer. Yet you continue to look for the chink in the armour.

SJ: "You really had to go back a lot of years to find Gary Tennant? I thought we were talking about the JJ years and our area?"

Sure, now you try to qualify the statement I referenced by being more specific to "time and place". If "time and place" was relevant, you should not have supported a statement that said "RY refuses to work with any private pilot besides LB" without qualifying that statement at the time.

I proved that statement wrong and now you are trying to twist it and spin it which is exactly what LB accuses me of.

I'll give you my word right now that if you catch me stating something that is proven to be untrue, I will come clean regardless of the fact that I know you folks will have a feeding frenzy with it ("widely circulated").

I have been as straight as I can be with you.

The other lie that was told is that GF&P does not have to have permission to access private land. That is a lie. I work for GF&P and I have to have permission. You know that too. The next time you hear that you need to correct it with and qualify it if you expect to gain any respect for your position.

The reason I liked the KBHB debate was two fold:

1. Both sides were presented
2. Your side admitted that they were willing to sacrifice game violations to protect their private property rights from Conservation Officer access.

I can respect that level of honesty. I disagree with their position but they came clean by at least acknowledging that increased game violations would likely occur. They did a great job of presenting their position from that standpoint.

~SH~

When I said game check I was refering to counting game. My mistake I will be more specific next time.

Why would I even try to twist and spin with the best. Call it what you want we were, we have been talking about JJ you know it and I know it. The cave dwellers you talk about don't live in Butte County but whatever.

You are right he did and still does I think use Gary tannant as far as whether Simon flys our area don't know. I would think it would be Butte and maybe the southern part of Harding County.

I don't believe you could ever find yourself wrong so I believe you are pretty safe.

I don't know what you are saying when you claim they came clean on the forum. Evidently you feel they haven't been truthful. I believe that about 10 % of every faction probably has some illegal tendancies. That means that 90% follow the law.

I will ask the question again that you haven't answered. How many violations are landowner related?

Latest posts