• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

After Christmas photos 2010

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Christmasdinnerisjustover.jpg

Christmas dinner is just over.
Boyswillshowoffinfrontofgirls.jpg

Boys will show off in front of girls. :roll:
Playinggameslaterintheday.jpg

Playing games later in the day
SomeyoungbullsIboughtthisfall.jpg

Some young bulls that I bought this fall
Heifercalvesenjoyingtheircake.jpg

Heifer calves enjoying their cake
Hopetheyallsurvivetomorrowsblizzard.jpg

Hope they all survive the blizzard that is forecast to happen tomorrow and Friday.
Wejustloadedthethreebulls.jpg

We just loaded three bulls that had been with young open cows since November 1st.
Thiswasourset-upWerenowreadytoloadhorses.jpg

This was our set-up. The bulls have the front two-thirds of the 24' trailer, and we are now ready to load our horses.
Theseshouldbefallcalversin2011.jpg

These should be fall calvers in 2011. Here they are looking longingly after their loaded lovers.
Aprettygoodcowboynomatterwhathewears.jpg

A pretty good cowboy no matter what he wears :wink:
Thishadmespookedforaminute.jpg

This had me spooked for a minute, but it is a fake deal. :shock:
Interestingdisplayofveryoldstirrups.jpg

Interesting display of very old stirrups. The lady that brought the presentation into a local cafe said that these stirrups were hanging
from a tree on a ranch that her dad moved to in 1926. They had been on the tree quite a few years ahead of that, because the tree grew up
taking the stirrups along. They were grown into the branch and it was not possible to remove them even then, unless a saw had been used.
Anyway, it is rather fascinating thinking of all the history that has taken place since they were new.

Big Muddy rancher said:
What spooked you?

Was it the spilt coffee getting on your tax papers, the credit score book or the sippy cup? :wink: :lol: :lol:

It was at a business establishment, and what spooked me was thinking I'd have to clean up a mess that I didn't even make. :wink: :)

We have in our front room a piece of hardwood knot that has a horse shoe grown into it, by circumstances similar to what you described. I cut it off of a tree standing on the edge of a bush I logged many years ago.

I will try to post a picture of it sometime.

i sure like the looks of your heifer calves. :)

will you( i mean Peach :wink: ) calve out those fall calvers or will they be finding a new home by that time?

Justin said:
i sure like the looks of your heifer calves. :)

will you( i mean Peach :wink: ) calve out those fall calvers or will they be finding a new home by that time?

They will be for sale in June. We've done it this way the past several years. It seems to always pay to hold them over, breed them, and sell them as pregnant fall calvers rather than to sell them as opens.

katrina said:
Soap,

How are the two horses you bought at Valentine working out??? I sure liked that one

They are nice horses but are kind of on hiatus until calving starts. It is best to ride them steady when we get after it, rather than riding them once every couple weeks. At the moment, the cattle are all in feedable sized bunches and there is not much reason to be horseback. A couple days ago, when we pulled the bulls from our fall calving herd, it seemed prudent to use our old tried and true horses. We do have high hopes for both of these new ones.

That sounds good!! I'm of the opinion that a little rest never hurts a young horse. Seems like they have a little time to think things over. I've sure seen horses come in better than they were when they were turned out.
One of our rancher/horse training friends mentioned this to us years ago,
and had he not, I probably wouldn't have thought about it. But since he
did,I have really noticed that most of the time, his theory has held true.

Mntngoat said:
Can someone explain to me the parachute cord with the cartridge case laced into it?

As for the young cowboy, those the fleece keep him warm?

ML

I never even noticed the cartridge in the parachute cord. I was too busy wondering what soap was doing with a sippy cup. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Mntngoat said:
Can someone explain to me the parachute cord with the cartridge case laced into it?

ML

I never even noticed the cartridge in the parachute cord. I was too busy wondering what soap was doing with a sippy cup. :lol: :lol:

It was just at a place of business where I stopped. I didn't pay much attention to anything other than the spilled liquid. Sippy cups aren't my cup of tea. :wink: Once in awhile I have along a bottle of pop with a screw-on lid, but never a sippy cup.

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Mntngoat said:

ML

It was just at a place of business where I stopped. I didn't pay much attention to anything other than the spilled liquid. Sippy cups aren't my cup of tea. :wink: Once in awhile I have along a bottle of pop with a screw-on lid, but never a sippy cup.

WOW! A screw on lid! Do you take it all the way off to drink??! :wink: :lol:

burnt said:
Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

WOW! A screw on lid! Do you take it all the way off to drink??! :wink: :lol:

Youbetcha :wink: :)

If only those stirrups could talk. Eachone is different from the others. Makes you wonder what happened......or were they just hung on the other side of the tree?!! :wink: :D

Latest posts