• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

AI company secret

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hay Feeder

Reaction score
Getting 90% conception.. no problem according to the AI comapny.
Use proven AI sires and use one of the timed breeding proticals.

Right after the cows are AI have the sons of that proven bull ready for clean up. The secret have those sons ready for breeding as soon as the cows leave the breeding chute. Results are very good. Just need to let some of the bulls rest on ond off. 90 per cent of conception cost only 30 dollars per cow and add the cost of the AI bulls sons purchaced price to that.

AI'd for forty two years, taught for years, not so on your analogy! Practice, nutrition, good semen handling, technique and breeding aids are the trick.

Have had a 100% but more the normal is 85 plus.

CA

We have a large dairy ( milking 3,000 + twice a day ) and they have gone thru about every AI service in the area - - - can't get above 45% first go around and only up to 60% after two rounds.

I have no idea what they are doing wrong but the cows have never seen the light of day and I can't help but think that might be at least part of the problem.

Anybody wanting a job full time AI ing I will get you in contact with the owner.

George said:
We have a large dairy ( milking 3,000 + twice a day ) and they have gone thru about every AI service in the area - - - can't get above 45% first go around and only up to 60% after two rounds.

I have no idea what they are doing wrong but the cows have never seen the light of day and I can't help but think that might be at least part of the problem.

Anybody wanting a job full time AI ing I will get you in contact with the owner.

Single trait selection is what they did wrong MILK they forgot about fertility. The Beef industry is getting as bad more worried about weaning weights than fertilty and mothering ability.

Denny said:
Single trait selection is what they did wrong MILK they forgot about fertility. The Beef industry is getting as bad more worried about weaning weights than fertilty and mothering ability.

I'll second that and just add that there's no heterosis either! If that dairy is doing 45% first service, they certainly shouldn't complain. I think the national average is around 30-35%.

Latest posts