• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

AI Schools

Help Support Ranchers.net:

bverellen

Reaction score
Any recoomendations on an AI school in the Colorado area.

The owner here has expressed an interest in sending me to one this winter while we are slow, and I think I should take him up on his offer.

Thanks

bart. †

I just posed the question to one of the A.I. companies to see what they have planne or not planned. Will let you know when I hear back from him.

contact your area of district AI reps they usually have them. I went to ABS in Colorado

http://www.7triangle7.com/

I highly recommend this AI school. If you go be sure to let Harold know who sent you. I know him well.

I think Harold would be tough to beat. But here another I think might be ok
http://www.schleininggenetics.com/aischools.html

?????????????
http://www.showcattlepage.com/Baker%20AI%20Video/index.htm

Ned Jr. said:
http://www.7triangle7.com/

I highly recommend this AI school. If you go be sure to let Harold know who sent you. I know him well.

CAN NOT beat Mr. Harold Miller's school so far as I am concerned. Money well spent in my estimation. Great guy to learn from.

$500 seems a little spendy for an A.I. school. Maybe I'm getting old and need to get with the times. Believe I spent $100 back in college days, but that was through the college...

While I think Harold would be a great choice, one could do go to SEK Genetics. I think they might be a cheaper alternative.

I just have my Genex rep breed them my hands get numb and he needs the work so its a win win.

gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:
Select Sires had my school. It was great and cost $200 with a $100 seman rebate. :wink:

On top of that, anyone who could teach you could teach anybody. :wink:

Nobody asked you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But i am sure my instructor would agree with ya! :wink:

Too bad you aren't closer. We teach a pretty good one at the local College here (If I do say so myself) :D

leanin' H said:
gcreekrch said:
leanin' H said:
Select Sires had my school. It was great and cost $200 with a $100 seman rebate. :wink:

On top of that, anyone who could teach you could teach anybody. :wink:

Nobody asked you! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: But i am sure my instructor would agree with ya! :wink:

Count yourself gifted H, AIing is one talent I haven't learned. It is enough challenge to pick range bulls for a uniform calf crop. Too many colours to choose from in an AI catalog, it would be like Christmas and the results would be like the Fourth of July. :shock: :lol: :lol:

RSL said:
Too bad you aren't closer. We teach a pretty good one at the local College here (If I do say so myself) :D

Dave Walker at LCC puts on a heck of a course. His stories are the icing on the cake.

The older the ai instructor the sweeter the lessons. What ever you do learn all you can some of these guys really know some great knowledge. Two old fella I used this year both inseminate frozen semen. The thawing presses we have always been told can damage the semen also and all the trouble. Since. I have been I seating frozen it make things so much easier and less confusing.

big question Ai people one cane of semen from genex turned black in my tank this summer ( maybe the bull voted for Obama) the rest of the semen of other bulls looks ok

Hay Feeder said:
The older the ai instructor the sweeter the lessons. What ever you do learn all you can some of these guys really know some great knowledge. Two old fella I used this year both inseminate frozen semen. The thawing presses we have always been told can damage the semen also and all the trouble. Since. I have been I seating frozen it make things so much easier and less confusing.

big question Ai people one cane of semen from genex turned black in my tank this summer ( maybe the bull voted for Obama) the rest of the semen of other bulls looks ok
I have heard the frozen bit myself. I think the problem comes after you thaw it, if you don't keep it real warm in the gun the sperm die. Once they thaw they are super sensitive to getting cooler that 97 or so I believe.

Hay Feeder, would you explain your thawing technique to me, as I am uneducated to the process. I am always looking for a better way.

Latest posts