• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Al gore caught lying again

Help Support Ranchers.net:

commonsense

Reaction score
Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: "These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years."

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Dr Maslowski said. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece

actually the scientist is as much to blame as Gore... but it is funny watching them try to defend stupid comments..

Dr Wieslaw Maslowski: I think the media is definitely getting much more interested and the society is trying to understand what is happening out there, not only in the Arctic but also the ice shelf around Antarctica and so forth. So, definitely the interest and demand for information is much higher than couple years ago. My statement you quoted and was printed in The New York Times of 2013, my first presentation where I actually had this projection stated exclusively was about 4 or 5 years ago in San Francisco, at American Geophysical Union poll meeting. So, I'm not actually upgrading my projection, I'm just saying that it may happen sooner but we were one of the early people who were saying that it might happen within the next decade, instead of by the end of this century.

"My claim is that the global climate models underestimate the amount of heat delivered to the sea ice by oceanic advection," Professor Maslowski said.

The long-term average, based on data from 1979 to 2000, is 6.74 million square km. In comparison, 2007 was lower by 2.61 million square km, an area approximately equal to the size of Alaska and Texas combined,
24 Mar 2008

so.... 2013 might be a bit conservative... it might happen sooner. then maybe by 2012.. 2010? how about by 2009?.. nope didn't happen.. they found the "missing chunk" of ice the size of California..

so what was it for 2009,..
Arctic sea ice extent averaged over November 2009 was 10.26 million square kilometers In general, the ice edge is now at or slightly beyond its average location,

20091207_Figure1.png

gee, that is a big picture.. sorry...

but sometimes a picture is worth more the a thousand of Gore's worthless exaggerations... :roll: :roll: :wink:

and I forgot to add..

Based on satellite observations, the University of Illinois' Arctic Climate Research Center reports that the amount of sea ice on the planet is the highest in 29 years, when satellite record-keeping began.

The ice was also found to be 10 to 20 centimeters thicker than the previous year in some areas.

Latest posts