• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Albino Moose (pic)

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Someone sent me this picture. Taken near Manning,Alberta.

albinomoose.jpg

Holy moses!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: Not just ONE albino moose, but TWO!!!??? Simply amazing!! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us, Tim...gonna have to show this one to my 10 year old and see if he can figure out how to print it off so he, too, may share with his classmates!!!

Here is another shot that is taken a little closer.
I'm not sure, but I have to wonder if these are true albinos or not. The one has a few dark spots on it. They may be just a white morph. Still pretty neat,though!

whitemoose.jpg

LT RIO BLANCO 666R :D :wink:

Never knew there were moose in white uniforms. I learned something today.

There are very few deer that are white here because the albinos don't live very long. Makes me think that those moose aren't albinos either.

Charolais Moose.......I think there are some Charolais Buffalo too.

I seen a two horned unicorn one time and he looked so sad and lonely. I thot' he was a regular one horned one at first when I seen his profile, but then he turned and looked at me and I seen right away he had two horns. I got to thinkin' that if he got to breeding them regular one horned unicorns, he might just mess them up. So I shot him and culled the breed! :shock: :eek: :lol:

'Course my wife and kids said he was an antelope, but I ain't too sure! Better safe than sorry! :lol:

Come to think about it, he did kind'a taste like an antelope! :shock:

reader (the Second) said:
The Ministry of Natural Resources is proposing to protect white-coloured moose in the Foleyet area of northeastern Ontario to recognize the cultural and spiritual significance of the white moose to First Nation communities and to promote local eco-tourism.

In general, moose have brown coats of hair. In some rare cases, the colour of moose coats can range from predominantly white to a mixture of white and brown. White-coloured moose are not a separate species, but are examples of a rare colour phase that can occur naturally in wild moose populations.

Seeing a white-coloured moose is a rare event, but it is not limited to Foleyet. Reports have also been recorded near Cochrane, Wawa, Sioux Lookout, Ranger Lake and Kenora. However, there have been more reports of sightings near Foleyet.

The proposed protection of white-coloured moose in Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) 30 and 31 would not affect the existing number and allocation of moose tags to residents and to outfitters catering primarily to non-residents.

The 2005 moose population estimate for WMU 30 is 2,300. In WMU 31, a 2003 moose population estimate is about 1,900. The exact number of white-coloured moose in the Foleyet area is unknown, but is estimated to be four to six.

White-coloured moose have been reported in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Newfoundland, Alaska and Idaho. Restrictions on the hunting of white-coloured moose were put in place for the Port au Port Peninsula in 2002 by Newfoundland and Labrador. No other province has hunting regulations prohibiting the harvest of white-coloured moose.

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/mnr/csb/news/2005/aug23bg_05.html

Oh sure, just like you to bring facts to a good discussion! :wink:

I'll head em. Who wants to heal em? :wink: :cboy:

Maybe Jinglebob could ride his unicorn :wink: :lol: :lol:

cowboyup said:
I'll head em. Who wants to heal em? :wink: :cboy:

Maybe Jinglebob could ride his unicorn :wink: :lol: :lol:

I'll heel em who gets to take your rope off....

Well shoot, seeing as how I ate my unicorn, I guess I'll have to take the ropes off. Or better yet I'll saddle him while he's down. Suppose we could get Saddle Tramp to top him off? :wink:

sounds like a great idea in no time he would probably have em spinning circles so fast ol Soapweed would get dizzy taking pictures :wink:

now if we could just get SW to bring that beer truck from Idaho :)

Those spots might not be hair but where the ticks are bad-I've seen moose literally covered in them in the spring. The big black S.O.B's are hard enough to see at night let alone a white one coming out of the ditch-bad deal when u hit one-just about lost some neighbors in a moose accident this winter.

Northern Rancher said:
Those spots might not be hair but where the ticks are bad-I've seen moose literally covered in them in the spring. The big black S.O.B's are hard enough to see at night let alone a white one coming out of the ditch-bad deal when u hit one-just about lost some neighbors in a moose accident this winter.

Here is a "almost hit a moose" story that happened to my wife........

We had a little '86 Ford Ranger pickup at the time. My wife had been at Kung Fu lessons with the two older boys and was on her way home. It was very cold out and the roads were very slippery.
She walked in the door, when she got home, and was just pale and shaking like a leaf. She said "I just hit a moose with the truck, you better go and check out the damage". I said "If you hit a moose, you wouldn't be standing here".
She said " I saw something big and black on the road and swerved to miss it and as I went by it all I could see in the passenger-side window was moose horns and I heard a "clunk".
I grabbed a flashlight and went out to take a look.
The passenger-side mirror was pushed in(not broken), this accounted for the "clunk", and there was a big smear of frozen snot all the way down the length of the truck!! :shock:
I thought it was quite funny but my wife didn't and told me so(in no uncertain terms), when I came in laughing. :)

got these pictures email, said the driver had a broken wrist, bet she also needed new jeans. :wink:

moose.jpg

moose2.jpg

moose3.jpg

Latest posts