• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Allflex Scoups up Destron

Help Support Ranchers.net:

livestock-id

Reaction score
Allflex bought out its rival Destron Fearing.
Interesting look at Destron's products and their patents.

http://livestock-id.blogspot.com/2011/05/allflex-usa-buys-destron-fearing-corp.html

RATS!

That's not good news unless they take the Destron tags and rename them Allflex, and then dump the ones they're making now. Destron RFID tags are far better than anything Allflex makes, even though even they aren't foolproof.

:(

Kato said:
RATS!

That's not good news unless they take the Destron tags and rename them Allflex, and then dump the ones they're making now. Destron RFID tags are far better than anything Allflex makes, even though even they aren't foolproof.

:(

I'll second that. Hopefully Allflex finally realized their RFID tags are garbage for Canadian conditions and bought the competitions recipe to use, not recind.

Allflex is garbage. If they were to be found liable very time an animal shows up with a tag missing, they would soon find a way to improve their product. But no, the animal owner gets nailed for Allflex's poor product..

I agree with you all Destron, does have far superior products than Allflex, I think if they are smart, they will leave Destron, products and processes the same. They're little rfid reader is one of the best on the market and for the cost of the reader as well.

Destron was involved in some cutting edge work that Alflex either wants or wants to make it go away. Competition is always better than consolidation.

Kato said:
RATS!

I can't believe that Allflex has lasted as long as it has! Been quite happy with Z Tags over the years and lose very few tags! Their new RFID applicator is awesome, saw it at a few shows this year but couldn't find one anywhere, short supply.... :(

Z Tags has good tags as well. How is the retention on their tags, in real conditions?

I was at the Western Agribtion Show two years ago, and seen a guy there complaining about the retention on Z Tags... The guy got really verbal with the folks at the CCIA booth.

I got to know Julie Stitt fairly well after attending many meeting from 2000 until she quit. I think she was a straight forward with the cattlemen as she was allowed. I asked in 2000 about "Tracking" and she said "Not at this time" I guess we had to read between the lines.
Later on she told us that "OUR" government representative weren't carrying our message forward to meetings with the Feds. She knew from sitting in on all levels of meetings. I wouldn't be surprised if the program not being as producer driven as it was intended to be was "A "reason for her leaving. That and the flack she took from uninformed producers. :?

Latest posts