• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Alligator escapes while being used for Show N Tell

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Bryceville

Reaction score
Officials Find Alligator That Escaped During Girl's Show and Tell

Saturday, October 31, 2009

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. — Officials believe they have found an alligator that escaped from a wildlife officer who brought the animal to his daughter's school for show and tell.

Stan Kirkland, a spokesman for the Florida wildlife commission, says officials think the 5-foot alligator is in a Panhandle pond. Authorities weren't able to capture the gator Friday.

Searchers scoured a wooded area surrounding the school Friday afternoon after the alligator jumped out of the man's vehicle with its mouth taped shut.

Kirkland says alligators have "amazing" jumping ability and that allowed it to escape.

Now, in MY day, we didn't sissy around with tapin' their mouths shut, you just hadta take your chances...and besides, five foot just means he's got big enough to eat solid food, like school children, for example.

And can I ask a question? The alleged 'gator had it's mouth taped shut, did the alleged "found" gator in the pond have similar identifying features,i.e. the tape? If not, how 'bout y'all go back to the search 'fore it starves to death? Where does Fish and Game FIND these people? Do they have a farm that grows 'em? Is there a special breeding program in a secret silo in Connecticut?

Latest posts