• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Allison Krause

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TimH

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does Allison Krause have the voice of an angel??
I have all of her CD's and watched a live concert on TV last night.
Her voice litrally makes the hair(fur) on the back of my neck stand up!!! :)

PS. Don't even go there Mike!!! :roll:

'Is it just me, or does Allison Krause have the voice of an angel?? "

IMHO...As close as any one can get.

TimH said:
Is it just me, or does Allison Krause have the voice of an angel??
I have all of her CD's and watched a live concert on TV last night.
Her voice litrally makes the hair(fur) on the back of my neck stand up!!! :)

PS. Don't even go there Mike!!! :roll:
Allison Krause IS an angel. If she can touch the soul of a turd with nasty underwear, she can touch anyone! :wink:

Mike- "Allison Krause IS an angel. If she can touch the soul of a turd with nasty underwear, she can touch anyone!"

Dear Mike , I pray every day for a "flippin' you off " emoticon.
How dare you mention Allison and underwear in the same sentence.FOR SHAME!!!!! :shock: :shock: :wink:

TimH,

You gotta crush? I loved Don Williams' songs, especially his song, "Amanda". Named my daughter after that song, have no regrets. My daughter is the "light of my life". Today I had to teach her (she is 12 now) how to drive the Ford F-450 and pick up bales. I did quite well with the patience as daughter kept "killing" the truck. We made a couple trips back and forth with bales, then I knew it was time to back off (I prayed A LOT this afternoon) and let her figure it out as I knew she could. I just never came to grips that my daughter would get this old enough to do this. :cry: :cry: :cry: She did quite well and didn't wreck anything up. I am so proud of that girl... can't put a cry emoticon because I am serious!!

Hanta Yo said:
TimH,

You gotta crush? I loved Don Williams' songs, especially his song, "Amanda". Named my daughter after that song, have no regrets. My daughter is the "light of my life". Today I had to teach her (she is 12 now) how to drive the Ford F-450 and pick up bales. I did quite well with the patience as daughter kept "killing" the truck. We made a couple trips back and forth with bales, then I knew it was time to back off (I prayed A LOT this afternoon) and let her figure it out as I knew she could. I just never came to grips that my daughter would get this old enough to do this. :cry: :cry: :cry: She did quite well and didn't wreck anything up. I am so proud of that girl... can't put a cry emoticon because I am serious!!

How 'bout that Hanta Yo! That song had it's part in our daughter's name too. She is a true blue farm girl, can tell at a glance if an animal is sick, runs the combine, baler, grain buggy or any piece of equipment at least as well as any of our sons or myself . . . I could go on for pages !!! She is IT as far as I'm concerned, even though she is a little on the fiery side. Oh my goodness, she only has 2 speeds; stopped or full throttle. One time she was tearing through the yard on the ATV and I said, "who the heck is running that 4-wheeler like that?' Her mom said that "since you're in here, it must be Amanda. She's the only one besides you that drives like that!"

I tell her that if I could only have one daughter, at least I got the best one a dad could want. It's coming to the scary time now. She is not a little girl anymore.

I must be an old coot compared to you guys. I relate the same song "Amanda" being done by Waylon Jennings. Mid seventies, I think?

BMR, You ain't exactly a "spring chicken" yourself! :wink: :wink:

I've heard all my life that there are two things you can't change;

Your age and who your parents are.

Maple Leaf Angus,

This IS a small world, and I am glad someone else has appreciated the songs of Don Williams to name a child after one of his songs :wink: "Amanda" has got to be my most favorite song in the whole wide world.

Mike, Yes, Waylon Jennings sang the same song and didn't do justice to it. Don Williams sang his in the early 70's, I think Waylon came along in late 70's, early 80's with this song. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but Don Williams is the original singer. Boy, he puts his heart and soul in his music, too.

Time for bed. G'night.

I really like Allison Krause and James Taylor together when they sing "Nothing at all." I never even heard of James Taylor until he sang that with Allison. Now I know a little more about him, but he does best singing with her.

Yep, I agree, Allison has the voice of an angel.

Hanta Yo said:
TimH,

For those of you on the Q&A Board who don't know Hanta Yo or Amanda, - I do know them, and I can tell you all that Hanta Yo is speaking the truth about her daughter - she is a very sharp young lady. But knowing her mother, I can say she comes by it honestly through the genes. Don't know her Dad, but he has to have a heck of a part of it too! She is almost (ALMOST) as great as my Great Granddaughter - also named Amanda.

I thought Waylon Jennings sang that song "Amanda"!! It was....It was Waylon! :wink:

Amanda, light of my life,

fate should have made you a gentleman's wife.

Amanda, light of my life,

fate should have made you a gentleman's wife

DOC HARRIS said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
Well now, Doc, There wouldn't be any partiality in play here, would there? :wink:
:eek: Hm-m-m- You know - I don't think so - but - - h-m-m-m-. Naw-w-w-w! :oops:
9o-re

Spell it out, DOC Harris! Are you Hanta's wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwrttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt-00000[8i (our kitten just walked across my keyboard!)

Dad?

Latest posts