• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

almost a con game

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
was at Cal Ranch today Sue was getting baby ducks, chickens and turkeys. Watching people buy for baby chickens and a big bale of wood shavings . Just have to smile at all the wood shavings they sell.

My wife buys wood shavings all the time and they just make a mess - - - but on the bag it says they are the perfect bedding and the people who print the bags can't be wrong!

Yes it is a con game and several are very good at it!

jodywy said:
was at Cal Ranch today Sue was getting baby ducks, chickens and turkeys. Watching people buy for baby chickens and a big bale of wood shavings . Just have to smile at all the wood shavings they sell.

The feed and supplies people buy after is what makes the chick days so good for the retailers.

My wife and kids came home from the city one day with a pet hamster, and a 40 pound bag of wood shavings.
I'm not a fan of rodents and she countered my "really?" statement with how the kids wanted it so bad......
She was a bit embarrassed when I said the rat didn't bother me as much as the expensive bag of sawdust.
Said hamster lived about a week.

Another sign of free enterprise teachers working summer jobs and wood shaveings for bedding who da thunk it.

Bale of straw here is $6 . I thought of you today Jody gal in line in front of me 1 bag of chick starter,1 bag of wood shaveings, 1 heat lamp and bulb.and some other misc. chicken stuff $118.00 no chickens

Denny said:
Bale of straw here is $6 . I thought of you today Jody gal in line in front of me 1 bag of chick starter,1 bag of wood shaveings, 1 heat lamp and bulb.and some other misc. chicken stuff $118.00 no chickens
got some vet wrap at the feed store today , guy there said he sell a gal 4 chicks for $8 and $60 in lights, waters , feed , shavings.

Latest posts