• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Alot of this & Alot of that..pics

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jassy

Reaction score
Like every rancher this time of year is another busy season..(not sure when it's not a busy season..lol) Just some of the ways we've spent the nice fall days..

DSC09668_edited-1.jpg

Coming home from summer pastures..

DSC09679_edited-1.jpg

Crossing the Snake River with 600 pairs is the best part of the 20 mile drive...

DSC09736_edited-1.jpg

Taking a cool drink..

C191Chute-at-Sunset.jpg

End of a really long day

D85All-the-Cows-Home_edited.jpg

Cows & calves glad to be home..we flew to check back to the river to make sure nothing went back..all was good..

D110Roundup-at-Sunrise.jpg

Roundup again at sunrise

D118Tom-Sortin.jpg

Process of sorting and weaning..another long day.

D127Loadin-Calves.jpg

Loading steer calves to wean at another location

D97Tom-on-Pot_edited-1.jpg

Hubby on the side of truck loading the heifer calves to wean at another location...

D133Aaron.jpg

Aaron happy that we're on the last bunch to preg..after 4 days of it!

DSC01489_edited-1.jpg

Moving the bred heifers closer to home

DSC01494_edited-1.jpg

Hubby riding the colt that attended K-state for his education...he's turned out pretty good...

DSC00532_edited-1.jpg

Bringing the bred heifers in the correls..pretty chilly morning 27 degrees!

DSC00516_edited-1.jpg

Now that cows are all home,weaned,pregckd it's time to start feeding hay..for the next 6 months...

DSC00498_edited-1.jpg

After flying all the pastures to make sure we got everything..this is the turn to the airport to land...

Awesome pictures Jassy....thanks for taking us along. I imagine ya'll are glad to get this job behind you....

What is the next to last picture ....is that a dust cloud from someone drivin down a road? Low Lying clouds...??? It's really neat lookin no matter what it is.

Looks like Tom has been doin some rock climbing drills to get ready for his truck climbin job. LOL

Lots of very interesting and enjoyable pictures. Speaking of snake river, are the many snakes out in the pasture and if so do they cause any grief?

Wonderful pictures, Jassy. Looks like you all have been very busy. The picture of your hubby with the heifers almost has a "mysterious" illusionary effect. I like the bird's-eye view of the countryside covered with cattle. Thanks for posting.

great pictures as always, Jassy. how big of a rodeo does it turn into getting those 600 pairs across on the way to summer pasture? i've helped a few nieghbors push cattle arcoss the river in the spring and it always gets very interesting. :eek: :wink:

Wonderful pics Jassy :D . You do a great job framing your subjects. You should submit some into Beef Magazine's fall photo contest :wink: :D .

Hopefully you can enjoy some downtime now, you've earned it!

Down time. All that feed they put up this summer needs to be hauled back out and processed through the cows. Sounds like more work to me. At least the days are shorter in the winter though.

Big Muddy rancher said:
leanin' H said:
Can I borrow your plane and pilot next fall when we gather? :wink: :D Man, that would be handy! Great pictures and the river is sure pretty.

How about a kite and a little video camera? :wink: :D :D

I been mulling over a para-plane for looking for shed horns and cows! :wink: :lol: I'd need quite a bit of string for a kite. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lilly..it's the tractor and bale feeder..can barely see it in the righthand corner...it's just dust from the hay and cattle...no roads up in the pasture..lol

Justin...we've been using this crossing for 20yrs...the cows go to pasture like they come home...just open the gates and their off! lol Once in awhile there will be a few calves scared of water...

Soapweed...that mystic look is just dust...the correls are so bad with dust..but hopefully the tiny bit of moisture we got today will help...

Thanks Brenda..and FH...just taking pics of everyday life..lol

leaning h...if I can fly along in your country..I'll bet it's great from the air!

i didn't figure the cows had a problem with crossing. :wink: the little river that runs through this country can get to roaring pretting good in the spring and will sometimes take a calf or a few down river if they don't go across with the cows at the prefered loacation.

Latest posts