• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Already sick of it

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tam

Reaction score
This morning Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford put his papers in for re-election in October. And US Media is all over the guy.

We, in Canada, that speak up about what the US Federal government is doing that does effect the WORLD are told to shut up and stay out of it. So can somebody please explain to me what the Mayor of Toronto has to do with anyone in the US? Does he really warrant nonstop international coverage about his drug use when the US media have intentionally overlooked/covered up a US President that openly admits he did drugs as a "stress reliever" in College and seems to be proud of the fact he inhaled. Does anything Rob Ford does in Toronto affect anyone in the US on a daily basis? What is the fascination with him? Should it not be up to the voters IN TORONTO to decide about his actions NOT THE US MEDIA?

To tell you how out of wack this story is google Anthony Weiner runs for Mayor and you get about 600,000 hits google Rob Ford runs for Mayor and you come up with 24 million hits
Google Rob Ford admits to doing drugs you get 99.6 million hits google Obama admits to doing drugs and you get 2.2 million hits.
I think we have seen a outrageous bias towards this guy yes he is a mess agreed but he is TORONTO's mess and has little to nothing to do with the US media. :roll:

It gives a diversion from reporting the real news. Ninety percent of real news stories now don't seem to make it to mainstream media. Why use up air time to report on things that matter, when you can drop it to the lowest level and avoid being questioned on the important things.

Besides, everyone loves a clown. :dunce:

I've been quite happy to hear about Rob Ford on the news. It's a pleasurable diversion from the senate scandal which has never deserved a fraction of the attention it has attracted.
AND the Rob Ford saga probably has at least as much affect on my life as the ACA that Prime Minister Obama has been pushing.

his comment about " I have plenty to eat at home" had me rolling on the floor.... this guy is a hoot! problem is, he gets more done than Obama!

Silver said:
I've been quite happy to hear about Rob Ford on the news. It's a pleasurable diversion from the senate scandal which has never deserved a fraction of the attention it has attracted.
AND the Rob Ford saga probably has at least as much affect on my life as the ACA that Prime Minister Obama has been pushing.

President Obama :wink:

I think you are confusing US MEDIA coverage for CANADIAN COVERAGE. I can see some Canadian coverage of the topic but the endless US coverage is a bit much. They have enough of their own political problems that affect the world to report on, do they really need to continually report on this personally messed up Toronto politician. He is not even a Canadian Provincial or Federal politician he is a CITY politician. His actions should/will be judged by the TORONTO VOTERS not by the US MEDIA since they are the ones that will be affected by his actions.

jigs said:
his comment about " I have plenty to eat at home" had me rolling on the floor.... this guy is a hoot! problem is, he gets more done than Obama!

captioning this may not be suitable.. so try not to..
canada-toronto-mayor.jpg

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford speaks at a news conference with his wife Renata (left) looks on.

So can somebody please explain to me what the Mayor of Toronto has to do with anyone in the US?

the media loves a train wreck.. especially if it distracts..

is it important.. not really.. but he keeps running right into the cameras ..

and is alot more fun to watch then Alec Baldwin's bitter angry tirades.

Steve said:
jigs said:

captioning this may not be suitable.. so try not to..
canada-toronto-mayor.jpg

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford speaks at a news conference with his wife Renata (left) looks on.

she gets my vote for a good wife...to stand there next to the idiot, as he apologizes for his remarks..... tough lady, who has poor choices in men....

Latest posts