• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Amateur politician

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
Do you know the difference between a Amatuer and proffessional politician?

The Amatuer doesn't get paid.

Haymaker likes to chide me for my involvement with the Stockgrowers and the related committiees. A few years back I made the decision that my business was to important to always let someone else look after it. I went to the convention with no intentions of running for a directors chair but I ended up being elected. I have enjoyed my involvment with the organization and have taken some heat for our decisions.
I realize that everyone can't spend the time it takes for total involement but I think that many of us can do more by going to our Province or state groups annual or regional meetings. It is important to show yopur support or disatisfaction so that the directors know the feelings of it's members.
I know some of the Cattlewoman and others that are active in their organizations will back me up on this issue.
As for Haymaker don't forget the Dog Catchers convention coming up in the New Year Your might even get elected PRES :!: :cowboy:

Before you get ta crowing too loud about being a politician,dont you think you oughta at least know how ta spell it ? :D :D :D ............big dummie
good luck

Thanks for spell checking for me Haymaker. Some times i get typing and thinking and I don't check myself.
I still think it is important for producers to become involved in their cattle organizations. You might think Captive supply is the worst thing cattlemen will face but I think ranchers are threatened from many fronts and the packers are the least of our worries.
Urban sprawl and environmental regulations will come to be a more important factor every year. Environmental farm plans will be needed to secure loans from many banks or Gov agencies. Animal rights activists will cause us untold problems. The petty arguements that different factions in the industry need to be put aside and we need to work together. Heck Imports will be the only way you will have food in the US if the liberals get their way.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Heck Imports will be the only way you will have food in the US if the liberals get their way.

If that's the case I will be a Canadian cold weather don't bother me and I like French Toast EH.

Denny said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Heck Imports will be the only way you will have food in the US if the liberals get their way.

If that's the case I will be a Canadian cold weather don't bother me and I like French Toast EH.

Yes I believe you are right BigMuddy,the cattle men need to come together as one,now the question "How?" how to get the cattle man to join his neighbors,stand and fight for our way of life.................good luck
PS I will give you a lil hint it aint cussin _ _ _ _ _................good luck big dummie :D

HAY MAKER said:
Denny said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Yes I believe you are right BigMuddy,the cattle men need to come together as one,now the question "How?" how to get the cattle man to join his neighbors,stand and fight for our way of life.................good luck
PS I will give you a lil hint it aint cussin _ _ _ _ _................good luck big dummie :D

Maybe you should get off your BUTT and do something more then "CUSSIN PACKERS" like you do all the time. :cowboy:

Latest posts