• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Amazing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Nicky

Reaction score
We just brought the cows home today! We've never been able to leave them out this long before. Usually the river freezes and that is why they have to come home. But this year the resevoir filled early and the river stayed open, due to increased flow. We'd leave them longer but the AI calves start coming the 15th :shock: The herefords look great, really happy with how the 3 olds look especially. The black cows are thinner than we'd like, not all but a big share of them.

It was a nice day, mid 40's but windy. Mike rode, and I rode the 4 wheeler. His horse has borium on his shoes, mine doesn't and Mike wouldn't let me ride. The 4 wheeler wasn't as fun but did cover alot of country. I came home, did chores and opened the gates into the creek for him (and left him a beer on the farthest gate I could drive to :) ). Now I'm in and he's still out there somewhere. Don't know if he'll get them all the way to the creek or not. He did say that the trip down the steep rocky hill went as good as it could have. Luckily it was dry, we had .75" rain last week and some of the hills are slicker than all get out. I let down a drop down fence and could hardly stand up where it was.

It's kind of a scary feeling too though! Atleast out here. The cows are still out on private and we don't plan to trail them to Delta til the first of Feb. Hay is $225 a ton and leaving them out sure makes sense in the checkbook. But after just going through the driest December on record here, it's spooky to think about the year that has just arrived. :shock: Glad ya got them home Nicky and all is well. :D

leanin' H said:
Atleast out here. The cows are still out on private and we don't plan to trail them to Delta til the first of Feb. :D

...and remember, when you do, you're taking us all along :wink: :D .

'H, it is scary for sure. We don't another drought. But we can still get dumped on snow wise, hopefully mostly in the mtns and not in the calving lot :wink: It was the driest dec on record here too. But since we kept a load of heifers til now, keeping the cows out this long saved alot on the haystack!

Latest posts