• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

An average bull to look at

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Doug Thorson

Reaction score
THOR15.jpg

THOR16.jpg

THOR20.jpg

THOR22.jpg

TH L1 Domino 6002
http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i4.dll?1=232B21&2=2420&3=56&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5A5D5C242320262526&9=5B5F5B
OK so he may be a little above average. Fire away with the comments.

if that is average...I would like to see the cream of the crop !

What are the dates of the photos?

Photo evaluation is always a bit of a suspect exercise, but here are my observations for what it is worth, and as it is freely given.......

I like his muzzle and head, depth of flank and rib, he appears not to follow up with as much depth in his heart girth, top and bottom, not enough to be called deficient though. He has a good crest and appears to have good scrotal development. Might like to add some more muscle in his loin, though he has a decent enough quarter and has the kind of cannon bone I prefer. Looks from the bottom photo that he could be a bit soft in his front pasterns and correspondingly looks a little low in the heel on his front feet. His rear pasterns look strong. Might like to clean up his sheath and umbilicus and add pigment around his eyes if as it appears from the photos he is lacking pigment.

When you decide you are finished with him, I am sure I could find a home for him. :)

Thanks for the comments.

Photo evaluation is always a bit of a suspect exercise, but here are my observations for what it is worth, and as it is freely given.......

I like his muzzle and head, depth of flank and rib, he appears not to follow up with as much depth in his heart girth, top and bottom, not enough to be called deficient though. He has a good crest and appears to have good scrotal development. Might like to add some more muscle in his loin, though he has a decent enough quarter and has the kind of cannon bone I prefer. Looks from the bottom photo that he could be a bit soft in his front pasterns and correspondingly looks a little low in the heel on his front feet. His rear pasterns look strong. Might like to clean up his sheath and umbilicus and add pigment around his eyes if as it appears from the photos he is lacking pigment.

The dates are from top to bottom, just after pulling him as a 3yr old, the next 2 are him with the cows as a 4yr old and the last one is yesterday.
His front pasterns are a little weak but not as much as his sire's and 4013 moved as well as a 7yr old as most 3's do. As for pigment, with all those freckles he has enough for me.

have you got a picture looking down his topline?
I had one and it dissapeared. I do have a real crappy picture of a sister and the calf she raised and 2 pictures of daughters.

010-1.jpg

An April calf, picture taken August 4th

126-1.jpg

129-1.jpg

My neighbor is wintering good Brian. We keep each other busy trading chores, seems like every couple weeks one of us is gone for 2-3 days.

When you decide you are finished with him, I am sure I could find a home for him.

I am done with him, he sells this spring in my sale. I kept a son so I am limited on how I can use him going foreward, but I think he is good enough that he should see a lot of cows, so I decided to let him go.

Doug Thorson said:
Thanks for the comments.

The dates are from top to bottom, just after pulling him as a 3yr old, the next 2 are him with the cows as a 4yr old and the last one is yesterday.
His front pasterns are a little weak but not as much as his sire's and 4013 moved as well as a 7yr old as most 3's do. As for pigment, with all those freckles he has enough for me.

When you decide you are finished with him, I am sure I could find a home for him.

I am done with him, he sells this spring in my sale. I kept a son so I am limited on how I can use him going foreward, but I think he is good enough that he should see a lot of cows, so I decided to let him go.

Thanks Doug, now I understand the difference in appearance between the top and the more recent photos.

Latest posts