• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

An introduction

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Reaction score
Longtime lurker on the forums, finally decided to make a profile and maybe start posting. These are our two cattle&sheep dogs. The collie also herds cats and chickens :)

I hope I do this photo posting right...

DSCF4189.JPG

DSCF4881.JPG

We had an awesome dog named Teddy that was a dead ringer for your border collie. Welcome and thanks for the good memories.

Thanks for the warm welcome! My Mister and I are definitely dog people, we love working stock with them and we've lived in some pretty isolated places (Western Canada can be desolate!) so having the dogs around isn't just handy for gathering cattle, but it is definitely good for the soul.

To per: The collie is a female, Lil, but I'm glad she brought a smile to your face! Just like your Teddy though she is AWESOME. Such a great willingness to work, so eager, so smart it blows my mind. The Kelpie, Grady, is incredibly smart too -- and insanely athletic. He's my first exposure to a Kelpie (but the Mister worked with them in Australia) and it's just mind-blowing how fast he is. Plus he can jump six feet or more from a dead standstill. Really makes you stand back and appreciate having their tremendous help around the place :)

Thanks!

Hopefully there will be horse photos soon. The horses we had at our last job belonged to the ranch so they didn't get to move with us. The new place is significantly smaller and doesn't have any horses at the moment, just ATV and trucks. Mister is a through and through cowboy and even though this is a really amazing job for us he misses the horses tremendously. We watched a trailer for True Grit at the theater the other day (first time we've lived driving distance to the movies!) and the first thing he said was, "I miss my horses." I miss them too but I have to say, it's kind of funny to watch him rope calves on foot :)

But did I mention this new job is amazing? The boss is buying us two horses for the spring -- hooray! We get to pick them out pretty soon here, and I'll be sure to put the pictures up asap-- :)

kelpie&collie said:
Thanks for the warm welcome! My Mister and I are definitely dog people, we love working stock with them and we've lived in some pretty isolated places (Western Canada can be desolate!) so having the dogs around isn't just handy for gathering cattle, but it is definitely good for the soul.

To per: The collie is a female, Lil, but I'm glad she brought a smile to your face! Just like your Teddy though she is AWESOME. Such a great willingness to work, so eager, so smart it blows my mind. The Kelpie, Grady, is incredibly smart too -- and insanely athletic. He's my first exposure to a Kelpie (but the Mister worked with them in Australia) and it's just mind-blowing how fast he is. Plus he can jump six feet or more from a dead standstill. Really makes you stand back and appreciate having their tremendous help around the place :)

Hey western Canada isn't desolate. :(

We are just adequately dispersed :D

Except for Gcreek and he's desolate. :wink: :lol: :lol:

There was nuance there Big Muddy! I said it "can be"

We met wonderful people when we ventured off the ranch for clinics and such, but I'm much happier to live in closer dispersal these days :)

The Mister likes it too, surprisingly! Before I came in and turned his life upside down he was planning on cowboying out in deepest-BC!

Big Muddy rancher said:
kelpie&collie said:

Hey western Canada isn't desolate. :(

We are just adequately dispersed :D

Except for Gcreek and he's desolate. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Hey now, That's not fair! :???: Gcreek has been on that perscription he got from that phsycologist he went to about his issues with the colors and the butterflys and those other things and he hasnt been nearly as desolate here lately! :D

Latest posts