• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

AN OLD COWBOY’S LAMENT By Steve Moreland, July 19, 2019

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
AN OLD COWBOY'S LAMENT
By Steve Moreland, July 19, 2019

A few months ago I was sitting at the sale barn with an old friend, who has been a cowboy and rancher all his life. In our conversation he lamented that he needed a new hat, but hesitated in buying one because they were so expensive. I told him he was looking at it all wrong. I explained that he can't take any money with him on the final ride, and that he couldn't hook a U-Haul to the hearse. There would also not be any stock trailers following behind, with favorite critters along. Then I said, "But you can take along a hat. They can lay it on top of your chest in the coffin, and it can go with you on the final ride. Go ahead, buy yourself a new hat."

I saw this gentleman just yesterday at the sale barn. He said he had bought a new hat, and it cost more than what he had paid in the past for a good horse. At least now he can go out it style!

I like that kinda like boots never had a hand made pair ordered some a few weeks ago took me years to bite the bullet but my feet hurt terrible at days end and a friend has these and swears by them so I traded a feeder calf for a pair we shall see.

Latest posts