• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

and not a mad wife either

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Sue said we needed new filed glasses. So went to Alpine today and got a nice pair of Nikon, then I called her about them. When I picked her up for lunch she said she told her co-worker that there had to be a gun involved. Well after looking at glasses I glazed at the rifles then the auto pistol then the revolvers and there was a Freedom Arms .17HMR with what I thought was a silly price much lower then what you can order one for. Well the rest of the story goes a guy won this gun along with 2 others at the local NRA bandquite a few years ago, he put them in his basement and forgot about them . When cleaning this fall he found them and took them to the shop to be sold. The serial number on this revolver is 030, and I got a little more discount on it around a $1000 less then a new one...... Sue worked at Freedom arm two different times and at Casull Arm for awhile, she know what their gun are worth and wasn't upset at all
http://www.gunblast.com/Freedom97-17.htm

don't know much about hand guns but the .17 hmr is one flat shooting sum beach out to 120 yds in a good rifle. looks like you got a good deal. my wife makes me match any gun i buy with equal valued diamonds or gold. not much buying going on lately. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

What scares me about the 17 HMR:

The 5 mm Remington Rimfire Magnum is an obsolete bottlenecked rimfire cartridge introduced by Remington Arms Company in 1970. Remington chambered it in a pair of bolt-action rifles, the Model 591 and Model 592, but the round never became very popular, and the rifles were discontinued in 1974. The ammo discontinued in 1982.[2] About 52,000 rifles were sold during its brief production run.[

They are neat little guns to keep in the truck.

Mike said:
What scares me about the 17 HMR:

The 5 mm Remington Rimfire Magnum is an obsolete bottlenecked rimfire cartridge introduced by Remington Arms Company in 1970. Remington chambered it in a pair of bolt-action rifles, the Model 591 and Model 592, but the round never became very popular, and the rifles were discontinued in 1974. The ammo discontinued in 1982.[2] About 52,000 rifles were sold during its brief production run.[

They are neat little guns to keep in the truck.

good point Mike, up here ammo run around 15 to 17$ a box of fifty, a little pricey for general plinking. but the terminal performance on ground squirrels is quite spectacular

hayguy said:
don't know much about hand guns but the .17 hmr is one flat shooting sum beach out to 120 yds in a good rifle. looks like you got a good deal. my wife makes me match any gun i buy with equal valued diamonds or gold. not much buying going on lately. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
She dose have a howa .204 ruger with a millit scope.... it drop a few yotes at 200-300 yards. :D

with a Ruger( bolt action but got a couple 25 round clips) and a Salvage(bull barrelm set triger ) in a .17HRM I buy a box of shell every time I am in the Cal-ranch store usually $11-$12/box/50 when they or Sportsmens WearHouse have thm on sale some tines less then $11/box I'll buy a carton of 500, Have a few thousand rounds stocked piled

jodywy said:
Sue said we needed new filed glasses. So went to Alpine today and got a nice pair of Nikon, then I called her about them. When I picked her up for lunch she said she told her co-worker that there had to be a gun involved. Well after looking at glasses I glazed at the rifles then the auto pistol then the revolvers and there was a Freedom Arms .17HMR with what I thought was a silly price much lower then what you can order one for. Well the rest of the story goes a guy won this gun along with 2 others at the local NRA bandquite a few years ago, he put them in his basement and forgot about them . When cleaning this fall he found them and took them to the shop to be sold. The serial number on this revolver is 030, and I got a little more discount on it around a $1000 less then a new one...... Sue worked at Freedom arm two different times and at Casull Arm for awhile, she know what their gun are worth and wasn't upset at all
http://www.gunblast.com/Freedom97-17.htm

Ranchers.net is on the top of my "favorites" list on my home 'puter, Gunblast.com is second. A few months back I won $500 worth of ammo when I re-upped my membership. :D

hayguy said:

You have one smart woman there, hayguy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

hayguy said:

Faster horses said:
hayguy said:

Say it again Faster. :p :lol:

gcreekrch said:
Faster horses said:
hayguy said:

Say it again Faster. :p :lol:

that's what she keep's telling me, apparently it's true :lol: :lol:

Latest posts