• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

And now, a quick word about our government!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

the chief

Reaction score
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a
member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
--Mark Twain
:) :) :) :)

If one is idiot enough to consider all members of congress idiots, one must also consider all the idiots that voted for these idiots and sent them there.

OOOOOPS, that'd be you chief!

~SH~

What do you have against humor? What did Mark Twain ever do to you?

Are you that full of hatred? My goodness, man, LIGHTEN UP!!!

Have you EVER said anything GOOD about your fellow man?

Thank God for my serenity. I am able to understand that you can be wrong in MY eyes.

Sorry to rattle your cage, Scott.

Try to have a better day.

So Chief, could the moral of this thread be that you can happily use Mark Twain to make Congressmen the butt of a joke, but you can't take it generously when SH uses his own wit to turn the joke back onto you?

Just curious about what it all really amounts to.

MRJ

~SH~ said:
If one is idiot enough to consider all members of congress idiots, one must also consider all the idiots that voted for these idiots and sent them there.

OOOOOPS, that'd be you chief!

~SH~

Or maybe you,read the post again,I dont believe it said "all"members...................good luck

MRJ said:
So Chief, could the moral of this thread be that you can happily use Mark Twain to make Congressmen the butt of a joke, but you can't take it generously when SH uses his own wit to turn the joke back onto you?

MRJ

Thanks for your opinion. Don't recall in my post that I called anyone on THIS site an idiot, do you? I also didn't conceive that a quote from a man who made a profession of poking fun at government and whom died decades ago to warrant personal attacks. But I guess it's different where you are from.

Glad you were able to defend him and take a chance to ridicule me. I believe that is exactly WWJD.

the chief said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

Thanks for your opinion. Don't recall in my post that I called anyone on THIS site an idiot, do you? I also didn't conceive that a quote from a man who made a profession of poking fun at government and whom died decades ago to warrant personal attacks. But I guess it's different where you are from.

Glad you were able to defend him and take a chance to ridicule me. I believe that is exactly WWJD.

Sorry, you missed the fact that I asked questions....didn't offer an opinion,...and wasn't defending anyone.

However, I will now state that your attack on SH was mean spirited, maybe even vicious, while his gibe at you appears to be in the same spirit of "fun" as was yours in the first post, IMO. Hopefully you are now in your serene and understanding state of mind and can see the difference.

MRJ

MRJ said:
the chief said:
MRJ said:

MRJ

Sorry, you missed the fact that I asked questions....didn't offer an opinion,...and wasn't defending anyone.

However, I will now state that your attack on SH was mean spirited, maybe even vicious, while his gibe at you appears to be in the same spirit of "fun" as was yours in the first post, IMO. Hopefully you are now in your serene and understanding state of mind and can see the difference.

MRJ

:lol: "Shake it, shake it up baby.....Twist and Shout!!!!!!!!"
Valiant effort, ma'am. But no cigar.

Latest posts