• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

And yet another ruling against U.S. trade sanctions

Help Support Ranchers.net:

elwapo

Reaction score
OMAHA (DTN) -- Pork producers in the United States are not injured by imports of live hogs from Canada, the U.S. International Trade Commission said in a vote on Wednesday that will force the Bush administration to abandon anti-dumping duties on the animals.

By a vote of 5-0, the ITC reversed a preliminary decision it made 11 months ago finding injury from the Canadian hogs.

The U.S. Commerce Department recently set anti-dumping duties averaging 10.63 percent.

A U.S. ITC official said the Commerce Department duties would not be lifted until some time after April 18 when an ITC report is filed with the Commerce Department.

Canada disputes accusations by the Bush administration and some U.S. pork producers that it has been selling live hogs in the United States at below-market prices.

I challenge any Canadian to try and go for one hour without using a product that is imported from the USA. It can't be done easily.... yet when we try to export into the USA all we get is trade protectionism. Perhaps it is time to protect our own markets!

Quote- "By a vote of 5-0, the ITC reversed a preliminary decision it made 11 months ago finding injury from the Canadian hogs. "

If history has taught us anything, we know that this unanimous ITC decision will be completely ignored, The 10.63% tariff will be paid out to the "Byrd Amendment" breast fed whiners,and the USA will file another bogus dumping case, distribute the tariff money,ignore the next ITC ruling....... etc. etc. etc....

Just like the 9/11 terrorists came through Canada.... WRONG!!!!! Not one of them did.You can't even keep 12 million illegal mexicans out!!
The big power blackout was Canada's fault.....WRONG.. it was in Ohio!!!
Need I mention R-calf's failed dumping case in '99???? Softwood lumber???
The USA's 0 for 13 record on CWB challenges????
And on and on it goes!!!!!

I feel truely sorry for those American citizens who inadvertently get painted with the same brush as the WHINERS that are behind all this crap!!!!
Having said that, I personally laugh my ass of at most of these cry-baby antics!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Having said that, I personally laugh my ass of at most of these cry-baby antics!!!!

Well, I might laugh too, but when things cost me money the humor seems to be lost on me. The problem is they don't care if they are 0 for 13. They just keep imposing illegal duties and restrictions and appealing the verdicts, keeping it all tied up in court for years. The end result is they get exactly what they wanted even though we were "right". They don't care what the ITC, WTO or NAFTA rulings are because they buy the time they need with this B.S.

do you guys want some wisconsin cheese with your california wines. :cry2:

Denny said:
do you guys want some wisconsin cheese with your california wines. :cry2:

California wines are on the political chopping block up here.... you know, one of the first casulties in the trade war you seem to have started

Latest posts