• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Angus Breeders

Help Support Ranchers.net:

AngusCowBoy

Reaction score
Is there any really good angus breeders in North Dakota you guys would suggest buying a bull from next spring besides Schaffs.

McCumber Angus Ranch and Spickler Ranch. Don't know either ranch but sort of like their cattle.

There is Brooks Chalky Butte Ranch, they have a pretty big ranch, thats probably who you are thinking of.

There is Brooks Ranch, Steve Brooks, but there is a brother, Rob Brooks at Rhame that has split off and I really like what he is doing. I'm travelling or I could get you the number, but you can get it from information. Steve Lund, Lund's B-Bar Angus ranch is ALMOST in ND.
Good cattle, great people. They have a good following and a sale
every March. He does things right, IMO. 406-588-3631, I think is the number, Carlyle, Mt. Also Marc Wolfe, 21 Angus Ranch at New England, ND. Another Mt. Angus breeder that is close to ND is Jim Vitt, Fairfield, Mt. I see he is selling with his father-in-law now, Russ Denowh. I agree with McCumber being a good Anugs source. I don't know Spickler.

Hope this helps!

i've bought bulls from Brooks Chaulky Butte Ranch(Steve) and had good luck with them. they'll sell around 200 bulls each year with a good sire group selection. i think Rob Brooks sells pirvate treaty, or i know he was when i looked at his bulls, but that was several years ago.

If you are looking at good maternal cattle- that will keep you in business come good years and bad- and still produce high dollar angus cattle, I have to recommend these guys- several of which are ND producers ...

The Breeders Group:

http://5barx.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4006&hilit=Glen

I have bought cattle from/traded for/dealt with/ and now have the breeding of several of these producers in my cows after the trainwreck I took a few years ago following the "bigger, better, faster" years of "high performance promotion takes place over everything else" that took place with so many breeders... :( I have had few to none for complaints from those I laid out the trades for- and have none personally)...

I'd give 5 stars to long term outfits like Cole Creek, Funk Angus, Diamond D, Whitney Creek, Indreland Angus - plus several others in ND....They aren't in the game to make the "Breeders Bonanza" multi zillionaire bull pimp bull overnight- but to make good cattle over a long term.....

And now I have just as big of calves in the fall -better dispositons -lots better, more efficient cows with less problems, that breed back- than I did a few years ago chasing the performance numbers....
(Made working cows every day fun again).. :) :)

Some great "long term" herds in your area- ND, MT, SD, and MN represented- plus some others around the country......Go take a look at their cattle before you make a decision......

Latest posts